Do You Ever Worry About.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Do You Ever Worry About....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do You Ever Worry About....

Postby Kilroy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:45 am

Other Owners in Your League(s) coming to the cafe and "Stealing" your strategy?

Are you here in disguise?

Are all the other owners in your league already here and it's too late?

Do you just not give a s**t? (Or use the the cafe to wage a disinformation campaign?)

Some (or all) of the above?

Just curious.

BTW, if any of the other owners in any of my leagues read this, I hereby retract everything I ever said. (except the times I was talking out of my a**.) :-B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:53 am

Yeah, it's a possibility...I know there are some people who like to use different names around here because of that.

I don't think people will admit they are in disguise, though. }:-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:03 am

Didn't intend to offend, Mercer. Was Just Curious. (and we all know how that worked out for the cat.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby maddog60 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:47 am

Flat out, I don't care who is reading this, whether they're in any of my leagues or not. I don't care if anyone steals my tactics, in fact if people wanted to steal my tactics, I'd feel complemented.

Personally, I come to forum for one reason. Its the best resource in fantasy football information bar none. And as one of the posters here, I try to contribute to that. I'd never consider hyping up a player that I didn't believe would truly be worthy of such high expectations, or posting any disinformation, because I see this forum as a place of information. I like to use this thread to inform those that come here for questions when I feel I can answer the question, and to debate the finer strategies of fantasy football with other highly competitive ff players to hopefully find the best methods in drafting, trading, etc.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kilroy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:54 am

Well said Maddog, and you're absolutely right, as fair as Fantasy Football Resources go, the Cafe is heads and shoulders above the rest. (at least as far as I've seen).

THREE CHEERS FOR THE CAFE!

HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!

;-D ;-D ;-D

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:57 am

I was really just wondering (H**l, my avatar is the logo of my Money League Team, so I'm surely not foolin' anyone.)

Is it Opening Day Yet? ;-7

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canacuna » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:59 am

Why do you think I stopped postin' in the Football Leftovers Forum? I was just givin' away my genius to the competition!

Err, it could have been I was dumbing down everyone who read my posts and decided to spare people from my dillusions of having intelligence. Yeah, that's it.

On the rare occassions I do truly believe I've got something of importance to state, I'm not thinkin' about my league-mates takin' notes. I'll win my leagues whether they know what I'm thinkin' or not.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Homeless » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:18 am

maddog60 wrote:Flat out, I don't care who is reading this, whether they're in any of my leagues or not. I don't care if anyone steals my tactics, in fact if people wanted to steal my tactics, I'd feel complemented.

Personally, I come to forum for one reason. Its the best resource in fantasy football information bar none. And as one of the posters here, I try to contribute to that. I'd never consider hyping up a player that I didn't believe would truly be worthy of such high expectations, or posting any disinformation, because I see this forum as a place of information. I like to use this thread to inform those that come here for questions when I feel I can answer the question, and to debate the finer strategies of fantasy football with other highly competitive ff players to hopefully find the best methods in drafting, trading, etc.

You saved me a lot of typing :-b well said.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:27 am

Also agreed with maddog; very well said.

I think that if you're good enough that a strategy you post about is worth copying, you'll also be good enough to shake things up a bit and go with a completely different strategy every once in a while to keep your opponents guessing. ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:53 pm

I recommend the Cafe in my non-cafe leagues. I may not tell them my username, but I still refer them to this site.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk