Value Picks to win your league! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Value Picks to win your league!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Value Picks to win your league!

Postby Steel Curtain » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:48 pm

I want to know who everyone thinks are the guys that are going to produce higher than when they are being drafted in most drafts. This is my list (with comments assuming it is a 12 team draft):
QB's- Kurt Warner- If I could get him in the 4th round I would jump on him. I've never drafted a qb that high but he could be a steel in the 4th round- and I would draft bulger late of course)
Matt Hastlebeck- I wish this guy would have a horrible preseason game so his value wouldn't keep going up. I've been targeting him since the end of last season. Can maybe be had in the 7th-9th but I will jump on him in the 6th (if I didn't get Warner) just to be sure.
Trent Green- Word out of KC is that they will throw more this year. His Wr's seem like they might finally step up a little bit to make him dangerous since he already had Gonzallaz and Holmes to throw to.
Tom Brady- Dispite leading the league in passing td's last year he still goes relatively late in drafts.
Steve McNair- He is healthy, he can run, he has looked incredible in the preseason.
Running Backs- Edgerine James- He is being drafted as a #8-13 best rb but I believe he just might be back and could retake his place as a top 3 back.
William Green- One of the top backs over the final 6 games last season (I believe #1 in yards). He could be an absolute steel in the 3rd or 4th round.
James Stewart- He's been going very late in drafts and just might make a serviceable #2 back and a great #3.
Wide Receivers- Darryl Jackson- Huge production over the second half of last season. Looks great this preseason as well. Going in the 6th-10th round but could end up as a top 10 wr.
Plaxico Burress- He's usually rated around #6 wr but I think he will be top 3, passing either Moss or Owens.
Qunincy Morgan- His value increases with Holcomb as the Qb who likes to throw the ball down the field where Morgan is at his best.
Tai Streets- His numbers as a number 3 wr were great last year and now that he is a number 2 and with Johnson out for 10 weeks he should get a lot of balls thrown his way.
Lelie and Bryant- Their potential upside is way to big not to draft in rounds 8-12.
Why did I get a steelers tatoo? It's the only thing I knew I would love forever.
Steel Curtain
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:44 pm

QB - I've gotten Bledsoe and Hasselbeck in the 10th round as my first QB, allowing me to stock up on RB/WR with my first 6-7 picks. Others have been available too, but those are the guys I preferred and ended up with.

Bledsoe had a huge year last year. I see him hitting 4K again, but just barely. The Seahawk O looks like it could be fantasy gold.

Maddox still gets no respect. IF he stays healthy he's another good option. Another fine late round QB option.

RB - Tough to predict big value here in late rounds. Adrian Peterson might be worth a shot. He had like 30+ consecutive 100 yard games in college. LaMont Jordan could be good if ever given a chance.

I agree Edge should rebound and be worth a first round pick. W Green and George seem to go near the end of the top 18 RB I like, and think they are just outside the top 10. Not a huge difference, but after the first 2 rounds, WR's fly, and RB's like Green and George sit there until late 3rd early 4th. I think that's good value. Give me them over C-Mart, Garner, Dillon, Lewis, Davis, Taylor and I can also draft McNabb, Owens, Harrison or Moss in the 2nd round and not be hurting at RB.

WR - Lelie looks good late round pick. Kevin Curtis I guess has looked good for the Rams. As sad as the Raven O is, Travis Taylor could be a good pick late. Boerigter I don't know much about, but he scored alot last year. Antonio Bryant is talented and could improve. K-Rob is getting all the hype this year, but Darrell Jackson could be just as good of a pick, much later.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk