M. Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M. Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

M. Bennett

Postby guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:20 pm

Can someone fill me in on what rounds Michael Bennett and Onterrio Smith have been going in? I'm from MN so I probably have to bump up a round or three for the homers.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby WiseAndEck » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:57 pm

I hope you are kidding about Bennett, who was just put on the physically unable to perform list. As far as Onterrio, he was the first pick in the fourth round in my draft. That's way too early if you ask me.

brian
WiseAndEck Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantom1979 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:02 pm

yeah, the fourth round is way too early... If someone gets him there, thats find, i am sure that you will still be able to pick up a veteran starting RB in that round.

Smith went 8/73 pick
Bennett went 11/110 pick

they were the 24th and 35th rb's taken, my draft took place before Bennett went PUP.
fantom1979
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Estarr01 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:07 pm

O. Smith
In my 10 team Keeper, I took him in round 5-7th pick

In my 12 man Keeper, he was taken in round 4-10th pick.

M. Bennet
In my 10 team Keeper, 13th round

In my 12 man Keeper, 9th round
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:10 pm

So does that mean Bennett is done for the year?
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WiseAndEck » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:15 pm

Yahoo says:

Aug 26 Michael Bennett was officially placed on the Vikings' Physically Unable to Perform list Monday, meaning he won't be eligible to return until after week six of the regular season. The running back's injured left foot won't be ready by then anyways. A more likely timetable of late October has been suggested. Bennett suffered a Jones fracture in his foot while working out on a treadmill at the Vikings’ Winter Park headquarters back in March, and has undergone two surgical procedures since.

Views: The move is but a formality. The Vikings are not counting on getting anything from Bennett this season and neither should fantasy players. The purple will start the season with Moe Williams and Onterrio Smith carrying the load.

brian
WiseAndEck Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

bennett

Postby guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:05 pm

In answer to your question of Bennett being out the year because he's on the PUP, it's no. The injured reserved list is for players out the year. But, that doesn't mean he'll play either.

O.smith

Postby plug » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:40 pm

4th round is about right to me. It's quite clear that Tice wants Ontario to take the starting job. If O.S. performs (I personally think he will) it will be interesting to see Moe Williams' role. Bennett was never a power runner and if Ontario (who is said to have a better 'low center') can take the goal line carries. If the answer is yes to both Smith will be a solid #2 RB this year.

To me that is easily worth a 4th round pick in a keeper league. I would be comfortable taking Ontario Smith anytime after I already have my Top 2 RBs and one WR. If you get stuck with only one reliable RB then I would consider OS a good potential replacement.

My prediction: He'll put up the best rookie RB stats this season and assuming Bennett misses the entire year he could be a major contributor down the stretch. FWIW with that foot problem already seeing two surgeries I consider it HIGHLY unlikely that Bennett will return.
plug

Return to Football Talk