Matchup Meltdown Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Matchup Meltdown

Matchup Meltdown Rules

Moderator: Football Matchup Meltdown Mods

Postby daullaz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:12 pm

O.K. So I have a somewhat complicated question that pertains to my strategy...

Of the playoff teams, I have not used Chicago, New York, and Washington.

In Week 9, I used Carolina, Seattle, and Jacksonville.

Now, I can choose between both Car and NY, Wash, and Jax.

IF I take Washington, and both the Skins and G-Men win:

In the next round Chicago would play New York, two teams I haven't used at all. Would I be limited to those two teams, since they play each other and I don't have to go back in the schedule for more teams? Or would I keep my Week 9 options that I had in the previous week (Car, Sea, Jax)? I would much rather take Seatle than have to choose between the Bears and Giants.

So, in essence, once we gain the option to use teams previously picked, do we keep that throughout the playoffs? Or is each set of available teams reviewed on a week-to-week process?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 pm

daullaz wrote:In the next round Chicago would play New York, two teams I haven't used at all. Would I be limited to those two teams, since they play each other and I don't have to go back in the schedule for more teams? Or would I keep my Week 9 options that I had in the previous week (Car, Sea, Jax)? I would much rather take Seatle than have to choose between the Bears and Giants.

So, in essence, once we gain the option to use teams previously picked, do we keep that throughout the playoffs? Or is each set of available teams reviewed on a week-to-week process?

It's on a week-to-week basis. If Chicago plays New York and you have never picked either team before, your week 9 picks will not become available to you, even if they were available a week earlier.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:56 pm

menyak wrote:
daullaz wrote:In the next round Chicago would play New York, two teams I haven't used at all. Would I be limited to those two teams, since they play each other and I don't have to go back in the schedule for more teams? Or would I keep my Week 9 options that I had in the previous week (Car, Sea, Jax)? I would much rather take Seatle than have to choose between the Bears and Giants.

It's on a week-to-week basis. If Chicago plays New York and you have never picked either team before, your week 9 picks will not become available to you, even if they were available a week earlier.

Thanks. That seals it for me.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby joshyboy72 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:35 pm

A question...

my available teams for this week are Pittsburgh, Denver, and Carolina...

but shouldn't they be Denver, Carolina, and Seattle since I didn't use Pittsburgh until week 17?

Is it because I used Seattle last week? I thought it didn't have anything do to with it because you have to have the "one game where you can choose either team" and it would be the Seattle-Carolina game first for me...

or am I wrong?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Arlo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:03 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:A question...

my available teams for this week are Pittsburgh, Denver, and Carolina...

but shouldn't they be Denver, Carolina, and Seattle since I didn't use Pittsburgh until week 17?

Is it because I used Seattle last week? I thought it didn't have anything do to with it because you have to have the "one game where you can choose either team" and it would be the Seattle-Carolina game first for me...

or am I wrong?

Good question; looks like the rules were a bit ambiguous.

The teams available to you are correct. Teams become available again starting with the team chosen least recently, etc., with the most recent pick becoming available last. Since you chose Seattle last week, the other three teams became available first.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:37 am

So is there a new icon for it this year? I never even competed in this last year, but I was apart of wicked weekend for the dark side.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby menyak » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:58 am

WickedSmaat wrote:So is there a new icon for it this year? I never even competed in this last year, but I was apart of wicked weekend for the dark side.

Dunno yet. But if there is, it'll deplete the old one, so you won't have once icon of each, you'll only be able to "upgrade". ;)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:34 pm

I like the old one. But it does look like a poker chip.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:19 pm

menyak wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:So is there a new icon for it this year? I never even competed in this last year, but I was apart of wicked weekend for the dark side.

Dunno yet. But if there is, it'll deplete the old one, so you won't have once icon of each, you'll only be able to "upgrade". ;)

I wass just wondering, since that the lifesaver doesn't seem relevant to the new name. Maybe some brainstorming can go into effect to come up with something that relates.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby menyak » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:52 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
menyak wrote:

I wass just wondering, since that the lifesaver doesn't seem relevant to the new name. Maybe some brainstorming can go into effect to come up with something that relates.

Well, actually when I think about it it relates more to the new name than to the old - at least where something melts, there's always water. ;) But I also have some melting ice cube icons somewhere which should work reasonably well.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Matchup Meltdown