Matchup Meltdown Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Matchup Meltdown

Matchup Meltdown Rules

Moderator: Football Matchup Meltdown Mods

Postby VaderFin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:41 am

I can only pick 4 games this week out of 14 match ups. That is kinda crazy. Some of the teams blocked out for me I haven't picked in weeks...when do they become available again?? :-?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matchup Meltdown Rules

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:07 am

The Pickoff is back this year and has its own forum within Cafe Games. Get on over there and play!

viewforum.php?f=54
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:34 am

Shameless plug:

Player Pickoff is back for 2011!

But make sure you read the rules first!
Player Pickoff Rules

Then, get your picks in at the Wild Card Weekend Thread! ;-D
Wild Card Weekend
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 pm

since there's a Thursday game every week this season we should try to get the following week posted as early as possible on Tuesdays...otherwise people will have less time to see their options and make picks each week. :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

murphysxm wrote:It is starting to get interesting. We have 8 teams with 2 or more picks left and 4 that still have a bye week left. Did I mention Week 11 is the Magic Meltdown point?

11 as the melting point isn't a week in the season, it's the number of players that will get the icon:

rules wrote:Melting Point

As the game progresses, we will decorate a number of players for advancing in the contest by awarding them the Matchup Meltdown Survivor icon. The exact number of players to receive the icon will be determined by the game's Melting Point - a value that can be found in the game's Results & Standings thread after the game has begun. Once the number of players still in the game drops below that Melting Point, all remaining players will get the icon.

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 pm

murphysxm wrote:As a note, week 9 rankings haven't updated yet, so please make sure you choose the number of games you will be eligible for. Otherwise the first choices are automatically your choices.

From the Referee's Zone:

menyak wrote:Matchup Meltdown

Note that this game absolutely depends on the previous week's scores to be in, before next week's thread can be posted. This should go without saying, as the remaining picks are determined by the correct/incorrect picks of the previous week(s). Failure to score the previous week before putting up the new weekly thread will therefore permanently ruin this game.

:-o :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 pm

some of these hidden picks really are killing me, we could be at the melting point if the few home wins were Tampa Bay! omg!! :-b

I don't know how my Skins did it but a miracle overtime win keeps me alive for the time being.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 pm

SniperShot wrote:some of these hidden picks really are killing me, we could be at the melting point if the few home wins were Tampa Bay! omg!! :-b

I don't know how my Skins did it but a miracle overtime win keeps me alive for the time being.

I had the same thought when I looked earlier. I have been sitting at 1 for like 6 weeks............
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby SniperShot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:35 pm

YES! THE MELTING POINT HAS BEEN REACHED AND I SURVIVED!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

8 years of trying finally made it.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby murphysxm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm

SniperShot wrote:YES! THE MELTING POINT HAS BEEN REACHED AND I SURVIVED!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D

8 years of trying finally made it.

Congrats, I have the Patriots so the verdict is still out for me...
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

PreviousNext

Return to Matchup Meltdown