Matchup Meltdown Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Matchup Meltdown

Matchup Meltdown Rules

Moderator: Football Matchup Meltdown Mods

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:32 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:so is it againt Sweet Sixteen 'policy' i guess to purposely use your bye week when their are no good matchups your confident in, just curious i mean there is no way to tell when someone does this but i would like to know, cus if you dont want this happening then i wont do it but just curious

It's my understanding that your bye week is yours to use as you see fit. If for some reason you can't get your picks in your bye will be used. But if you simply don't like you chances on any given week you can use your bye.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:51 am

daullaz wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I think I already used my bye week by accident b/c my dumb behind wasn't paying attention one week. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Check the results page. If your name is bolded, you haven't used your bye. If it is not bolded, your bye has been used.

Yep, you've used your bye, Cap.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:54 am

moochman wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:so is it againt Sweet Sixteen 'policy' i guess to purposely use your bye week when their are no good matchups your confident in, just curious i mean there is no way to tell when someone does this but i would like to know, cus if you dont want this happening then i wont do it but just curious

It's my understanding that your bye week is yours to use as you see fit. If for some reason you can't get your picks in your bye will be used. But if you simply don't like you chances on any given week you can use your bye.

Bye weeks can be used for whatever reason you choose. Computer blows up, don't like the matchups, week-long trip to Antarctica ... it's all the same. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:28 am

Arlo wrote:
moochman wrote:

Bye weeks can be used for whatever reason you choose. Computer blows up, don't like the matchups, week-long trip to Antarctica ... it's all the same. :-)

Damn those inevitable ventures to the South Pole...
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:31 pm

You can submit a pick monday morning if you want to pick the game for that night right?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby The_Captain » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:27 pm

Arlo wrote:
daullaz wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I think I already used my bye week by accident b/c my dumb behind wasn't paying attention one week. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Check the results page. If your name is bolded, you haven't used your bye. If it is not bolded, your bye has been used.

Yep, you've used your bye, Cap.

Thanks Arlo. I thought I had....my handle is not bolded in the results page.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:30 pm

SniperShot wrote:You can submit a pick monday morning if you want to pick the game for that night right?

Yep. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:27 pm

But Indianapolis @ Houston is not the monday night game so it really doesn't matter... :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Depending on how much you like the Jets, of course.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:23 pm

Actually because I know everyone is going to go with Indy I might go with another game and just hope for some freak thing to happen. They are playing at Houston which means something freakish COULD happen... but yeah.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Matchup Meltdown