Matchup Meltdown Rules - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Matchup Meltdown

Matchup Meltdown Rules

Moderator: Football Matchup Meltdown Mods

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:28 pm

What happens if you make it to the playoffs with all of the teams playing in the first round already used?
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sweet Sixteen Rules

Postby menyak » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:47 pm

Sweet Sixteen Rules wrote:However, we feel that you should always have options, so for every pick you have left we will ensure that you have at least one NFL game on any week's schedule in which both teams are still available. Should that be impossible with the remaining teams you haven't picked yet, you'll be able to reuse the teams you picked in week 9. If that still doesn't give you enough games in which you could choose either team, the teams you used in week 10 will become available to you again, etc.

Example: Your only remaining teams are Baltimore, Houston, Tennessee, San Francisco, and Arizona. None of these teams play one another during the current week, leaving you without any game in which you could choose either side of the matchup. In this case, the teams you used in week 9 are added to your options.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:13 pm

I'm out of this but I was wondering what happens if we keep going at the same pace we're going at right now? I'm assuming we're going to have to go into the playoffs. How will that work. We'll have like 20 winners if we keep going at this pace.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:36 pm

Red Stripe wrote:I'm out of this but I was wondering what happens if we keep going at the same pace we're going at right now? I'm assuming we're going to have to go into the playoffs. How will that work. We'll have like 20 winners if we keep going at this pace.

You are correct. From the rules first page:

If more than one player is still standing at the end of the season, the game continues into the NFL playoffs (and those players will also earn our profound respect). Should this be the case, teams already chosen by a player from Week 9 of the regular season onward will remain unavailable

If all remaining players are eliminated in the same week, the game will continue with each of those players having one prediction.

If more than one player is still standing at the end of the playoffs, the player with the highest score in the Sweet Sixteen Playoff Edition contest shall be crowned the winner.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Kennison (questionable) or Gonzalez

Postby mikerosica » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:13 am

Who should I start as a TE/WR option this week? It's my champoinship game.
mikerosica
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:50 am

Just to make sure I'm understanding this right....here's what the possible second round of the playoffs could look like.

AFC:
New England at Indy
Cincinnati at Denver

NFC:
Tampa at Chicago
Carolina at Seattle

Now...assuming I have none of these teams left, I'd have to go with the team out of all of these that I most recently used? Which in this case would be Tampa, which I'll probably be using either next week or first round of the playoffs.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:09 pm

joshyboy72 wrote:Just to make sure I'm understanding this right....here's what the possible second round of the playoffs could look like.

AFC:
New England at Indy
Cincinnati at Denver

NFC:
Tampa at Chicago
Carolina at Seattle

Now...assuming I have none of these teams left, I'd have to go with the team out of all of these that I most recently used? Which in this case would be Tampa, which I'll probably be using either next week or first round of the playoffs.

I thought if you had no teams left at all you got to use them all over again? :-? I probably will have to re-read the rules on that one. Maybe they have changed it for this year because it's just been crazy.

I think the rules right now say that you will have to have at least one game where you could pick either one team or the other. If you go back to week 9 and look at the teams you chose, you'll get those. If two teams that are playing each other aren't left on your list, then you add the teams from week 10 and so on until you get at least one game where you have both teams available. :-°
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:Just to make sure I'm understanding this right....here's what the possible second round of the playoffs could look like.

AFC:
New England at Indy
Cincinnati at Denver

NFC:
Tampa at Chicago
Carolina at Seattle

I think the rules right now say that you will have to have at least one game where you could pick either one team or the other. If you go back to week 9 and look at the teams you chose, you'll get those. If two teams that are playing each other aren't left on your list, then you add the teams from week 10 and so on until you get at least one game where you have both teams available. :-°

That's the way I understand them.

Let's ping Arlo for further clarification.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:35 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:

AFC:
New England at Indy
Cincinnati at Denver

NFC:
Tampa at Chicago
Carolina at Seattle

That's the way I understand them.

Let's ping Arlo for further clarification.

Yep, that's the way it's s'posed to be. ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:52 pm

Okay, now I get how it works, thanks a lot fellas ;-D
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Matchup Meltdown