Alexander vs. Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander vs. Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alexander vs. Green

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:11 am

So who is the better back to take? The differences may not be huge, but I see making the right choice here very important. Assuming that Faulk goes #1, who is the next RB pick? Alexander, or Green? + do Williams, Edge, George deserve consideration after what we've seen in the preseason.

Personally, I like the Packers schedule better. If Green gets the carries in the end zone, I think he's ahead - but that's a big "if".

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby hawkeye » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:49 pm

Personally I like Green...I know there is a lot of hype surrounding Alexander, with the qb up in the air, he won't have the air game to help him out like he did when dilfer was there.

I also like george over edge. Mainly because Eddie is 100%, and no one knows if Edge is even fully recovered yet. I heard that it takes at least a year to recover from that injury, and that won't be for another few months...
hawkeye

Postby Dabears » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:02 pm

8-o Tough choice. The thing about Alexander is that I don't know If it was a one hit wonder thing with him. I need more insurence if I was to pick him over Green, I still think Green is the better choice here.
Dabears
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:11 pm

i like alexander. 16 tds in 12 games is pretty incredible, and the fact that he outscored green by 6 tds in 4 less games makes him #2 on my cheatsheet behind faulk. i dont think hes a one hit wonder at all. if he performs like he did last year over a whole season, and there is nothing that suggests otherwise, he will b the second best back in the league. the qb situation probably isnt gonna affect him alot. dilfer wasnt exactly a huge threat to the defense. defenses may be a little more geared to stopping him but he will also get the ball a little more...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:42 pm

I posted originally and have appreciated the response. Thinking about it - its almost a question of economics. Alexander seems to have a higher return rate (more points) than Green, but he also has more risk (schedule, supporting cast) than Green. If I have the number 2 pick, I think I would rather build a team around a more solid foundation with a little less possible return but with a little less risk. Most people may not see Alexander as a risk, but I would say he's riskier than Green. So I think i'd take Green and be a little riskier down the line (Taylor, J. Lewis) 1 player's success doesn't gaurantee victory; but if your "stud" flops - the towel can't be far out of reach for throwing.

Postby three_fingered_willie » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:24 am

Green... less risk, much better QB, softer schedule. Alexander actually tailed off towards the end of the season last year. Compare the final weeks between the two backs. Green was better. Green got stronger as the season went on and that is when you need him the most. You don't need your #1 pick to slow down at playoff time.
three_fingered_willie
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk