The Cafe Response Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

The Cafe Response Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The Cafe Response Team

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:41 am

menyak wrote:If you're not on any list, you have every chance to get there, but of course, just being helpful for a day or two won't be enough.

I think there is your answer Dirt Bag.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:10 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:
menyak wrote:If you're not on any list, you have every chance to get there, but of course, just being helpful for a day or two won't be enough.

yes i understand that, but what im sayin is that i would imagine most of the majority of people who make "Who should i start/trade" or whatever topics dont hit the button for every post that truly was helpful
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:32 am

Dirt Bag wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:

yes i understand that, but what im sayin is that i would imagine most of the majority of people who make "Who should i start/trade" or whatever topics dont hit the button for every post that truly was helpful

Oh....yeah, that's a good point.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:14 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:

Seriously, what's your point? 8-o If only 10% hit the button, then it's still the same for everyone. So if you gave 30 perfectly excellent answers and three folks hit the button, then you're still behind all the people who gave 100 great replies with ten people hitting the button - and that would only be fair.

Now imagine 50% would hit the button (and maybe they do - how would you know ;-) ). 15 button hits for you, 50 button hits for the other people. Same story, just as fair.

It's like I said, if you keep helping, you have a good chance to get on the team, but it's nothing that can be done in a day.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:21 pm

yeah menyak i know i cant make the team in one day im just sayin this seems semi luck considerin i may have answered no threads where people bothered to hit the button,

like here is an example, Say i answered 10 threads with a great answer, but none bothered to hit the button, on the other hand say someone answered one thread and that guy actually hit the button, why should someone who answered one thread get on the team and not someone with 10?

im just stating my opinion, i think this is a great idea but just semi lucky to make the team
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:yeah menyak i know i cant make the team in one day im just sayin this seems semi luck considerin i may have answered no threads where people bothered to hit the button,

like here is an example, Say i answered 10 threads with a great answer, but none bothered to hit the button, on the other hand say someone answered one thread and that guy actually hit the button, why should someone who answered one thread get on the team and not someone with 10?

im just stating my opinion, i think this is a great idea but just semi lucky to make the team

Don't worry, it's not a matter of luck. Over the course of the season, the button will be pressed tens of thousands of times. One single button click really doesn't make much of a difference. ;-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:50 pm

menyak wrote:the button will be pressed tens of thousands of times

wow, i hope the Hammy is hungry :-b
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby menyak » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:52 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:
menyak wrote:the button will be pressed tens of thousands of times

wow, i hope the Hammy is hungry :-b

Has to be. :-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dirt Bag » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:53 pm

hey menyak i also just noticed when you click on the person, most of the profiles arent right, like Az's goes to Bmadds and merc's goes to aww's
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby menyak » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:34 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:hey menyak i also just noticed when you click on the person, most of the profiles arent right, like Az's goes to Bmadds and merc's goes to aww's

Thanks - should be fixed now! ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Who to Start/Bench