The Cafe Response Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

The Cafe Response Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:16 am

RIght.

WHenever I respond I try to give to some time on my answer. I always have a different window open with all the mathups, stats, bye week, etc... so that I can give the people I'm helping my best educated gues...

I always try to include why if possible.

But also, I don't think the person you're helping wants to read a book, for me when I ask a question, I want a short and sweet answer that explains itself, maybe three or four sentences... so that's what I try to do for the people I respond to.

I also like Alka and Captain's use of the ranking method... I haven't used it mucdh recently... used to use it a lot... maybe I'll start using it some more.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:43 am

mattb47 wrote:Theres no need for everyone to argue on this one....everyone has their own personal preferences on how they like to answer questions, I think it is actually a good thing a lot of the time because then you get a nice broad range of answers from different people.

footballchick23 wrote:The whole point of this forum is to help people, correct? If people find your answers helpful, be it one-word or a paragraph, than you're doing your job. If they don't find it helpful, they won't click on the link. End of story.

Those two comments probably sum it up best. It's all subjective, letting the users decide is flawed, but overruling it and having somebody else decide what people are supposed to like/find useful won't make it any better. ;-)

Kinda ironic that this is one of the rare features at the Cafe that follow democratic principles... :-b
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:24 pm

Why did all the days roll back to 0? They must be having trouble because for a brief period of time everyone who was on the CRT was replaced by no names.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:13 pm

Nevermind, must have been a glitch
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:52 am

I think explanations aren't needed when there are a bunch of other people stating what you would state. I think explanations would be needed if you're going against the grain of what everyone else is saying or there's a split in "votes" in the thread and the author is looking for more opinions.

I always try to throw in a stat or two when I reply to threads too...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:41 pm

When am i going to make it on the team? I live on this website. And thanks to you guys im 6-1.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:46 am

you're on the team...

Anyway, looks like I've fallen off it... I'll have to get back to some more replies, but I've been really busy lately and had a tough time trying to get to replying in the forums... I'll see what I can do for people.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lovemychiefs » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:10 pm

wow im on the team. and to think this is my first year playing fantasy. who would have thunk it?
Even though he was an enemy of mine, I had to admit that what he had accomplished was a brilliant piece of strategy. First, he punched me, then he kicked me, then he punched me again-Jack Handey
lovemychiefs
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:42 pm

Than wheres your little L? ;) j/k

congrats on it and keep it up. Just keep up on your research and you'll learn a lot more.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby vikingsownu11 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:54 am

So if i understand this: I particapate in the 3 areas and i get recongized and am on the team?

Sounds cool. Giants and I have a little thing goin on every weekend for Start/Bench. Would this help me as he is already on the team
vikingsownu11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Who to Start/Bench