The Cafe Response Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

The Cafe Response Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:44 pm

At first this seemed innocent enough, a little needed fun around the Cafe, but now I realize what it really is....pure, unadulterated evil. It is meant to divide the army that is the Fantasy Football Cafe by rewarding some and not rewarding others, causing a rift so large it becomes irreperable and allowing the Dark Side to catch us one by one in the ensuing bedlam and smite us all.

Seriously, don't be helpful because you can"make a team", or earn an icon. Be proud that you are helping some poor newb become a better educated fantasy player, elevating the FF society as a whole to a higher plane than "average" people (ie:non-FF players), or dare I say, Dark Siders.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:54 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:At first this seemed innocent enough, a little needed fun around the Cafe, but now I realize what it really is....pure, unadulterated evil. It is meant to divide the army that is the Fantasy Football Cafe by rewarding some and not rewarding others, causing a rift so large it becomes irreperable and allowing the Dark Side to catch us one by one in the ensuing bedlam and smite us all.

Seriously, don't be helpful because you can"make a team", or earn an icon. Be proud that you are helping some poor newb become a better educated fantasy player, elevating the FF society as a whole to a higher plane than "average" people (ie:non-FF players), or dare I say, Dark Siders.

I totally agree. I enjoy having the icon under my name but I enjoy helping others out more than that. If they wanna click b/c I gave them a good response, then great. If not, who really cares. Dirt, I think you are talking this whole icon thing a little too serious.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:53 pm

I really hate to have things worth icons also, Sixxgunn. :-/

One had to assume that this exercise would lead to people just doing it for the glory...that's why we didn't say what the reply evaluation meant in the Suggestion Box the other day. Now that people know what it's for, it's inevitable that some are going to do it just for the icon.

All we can hope for is that it will incite some more meaningful help for all members and help from more members. The non-Leftovers forums really needed some TLC from the members that visited here a lot last year. A whole new Cafe was being made by other members just in the Draft forum. If everyone gets in there, it will be hopping with more people and more help all the time! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:22 pm

On the other hand: don't forget that all help is good help - it doesn't have a label. If no thread goes unanswered, it doesn't really matter who helped why, it's a win/win situation for everyone.

Hell, that's why we came up with those icons - now don't give everyone a guilty feeling if the icon gives them an extra boost of motivation. :-D That's fine! ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:58 pm

I'm just glad to be a member of the cafe...icon, leader or not.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:06 pm

Honestly, I like to answer questions just to to help someone out. I don't care about Icons or posting for the sake of raising post counts. The satisfaction is helping someone make a better decision and improving their team. I don't need to be on the response team. I will continue answering questions when I get a chance.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Captain » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:14 pm

GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:Honestly, I like to answer questions just to to help someone out. I don't care about Icons or posting for the sake of raising post counts. The satisfaction is helping someone make a better decision and improving their team. I don't need to be on the response team. I will continue answering questions when I get a chance.

Well said. ;-D

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:13 am

I think the response team is a great idea! It'll encourage some more posting and show who the most trustworthy guys are in these few forums. However, when I first saw the title of the thread, I thought this had something to do with teh incident a few nights ago, and I think that it would be smart to have a few members (especially insomniacs here) be on a little group incase the forums are attacked so they can delete the threads and all that. Just an idea.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:17 am

GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:Honestly, I like to answer questions just to to help someone out. I don't care about Icons or posting for the sake of raising post counts. The satisfaction is helping someone make a better decision and improving their team. I don't need to be on the response team. I will continue answering questions when I get a chance.

Now, if everyone felt that way. ;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:22 am

I honestly dont think this is a good idea. :-t I have been cruising through the draft thread and have noticed a lot more activity. while this is good i have noticed a lot of garbage posts. like 'Hes real good, so pick him' sort of thing. I dont really consider this as help. It seems ppl are so worried about getting the danged abulance that they dont have time to give ppl a decent response. There are no explanations there are just ppls biased opinions. Just thought i would throw in my two cents.

BTW the ambulance icons are pretty sweet!! ;-D
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Who to Start/Bench