The Cafe Response Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

The Cafe Response Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:36 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I honestly dont think this is a good idea. :-t I have been cruising through the draft thread and have noticed a lot more activity. while this is good i have noticed a lot of garbage posts. like 'Hes real good, so pick him' sort of thing. I dont really consider this as help. It seems ppl are so worried about getting the danged abulance that they dont have time to give ppl a decent response. There are no explanations there are just ppls biased opinions. Just thought i would throw in my two cents.

BTW the ambulance icons are pretty sweet!! ;-D

If they are garbage posts then the person who made the thread won't say that he gave him help.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:45 am

i understand that but i just dont think that this sort of modivation yields better help to the ppl that are asking the questions.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i understand that but i just dont think that this sort of modivation yields better help to the ppl that are asking the questions.

Let's just give it a chance to see how it pans out. The system is new, so imho it's much too early to draw such conclusions. Packer is absolutely right that garbage posts won't get people anywhere, and either people will figure it out on their own or we'll have to tell them, but ultimately I don't see any big problems with that.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TitaniumTitan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:13 pm

I personally think the idea is creative and good. Helps to get rid of those riciouslous "Oh, good team" answers. Glad to be on board!

Thanks Joshy and CrimDogg for there awesome sigs.
TitaniumTitan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: In the future, five years ahead. When the Titans actually win the superbowl..

Postby menyak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:15 pm

By the way - at some point I may be chopping off the discussion part in this thread and move it to the suggestions forum. Just to let you know where to look for when it's gone, and that it hasn't been deleted.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:25 pm

i have noticed a lot of garbage posts. like 'Hes real good, so pick him' sort of thing

That existed prior to the cafe response team. Those would exist after the CRT as well.

This is just a way of inciting a little more...considerate and thoughtful help. If we get an increase in garbage responses as well, then I think it's a fair price to pay.

My guess is that if indeed those types of responses have increased because of people trying to get an icon, they'll soon realize that unless they actually spend some time on a response, they won't get votes.

If they don't get votes, then they don't get on the team. Then that will leave them with two options: 1. get more concise with their answers. or 2. stop posting help for the sake of an icon.

The trick is just being patient enough to get to that point.

I appreciate the feedback on this. And everyone's well within their right to voice their opinion on changes that we make within the cafe's functionality.

If you think there's a better FF assistance forum on the web. PM me.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:47 pm

Yeah, if someone just writes,"I'd say Favre." I am not going to say they helped me, why would you say Favre over Losman. The reason The Captain is the Cafe Response Team Leader is because every post is well thoughtout and give you good reasoning. ;-D

;-D to the Captain.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:50 pm

well cmon all you need to say is Favre on that but I agree ;-D to the captain
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:48 pm

i Agree Aww this is a GREAT site and i love it dont get me wrong. i was just sort of thinking out loud here. i guess time will tell.....
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ABC » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:20 pm

The_Captain wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Glad to be on board. ;-D

Me too! ;-D

Me three!! ;-D ;-D I am just happy icon or not that my advice has helped members. Since I've gotten plenty of information from this forum. It's good to know I can give back.

The_Captain wrote:I'm just glad to be a member of the cafe...icon, leader or not.

Captain .... my captain!! Lead us!! ha ha ha!!

Congrats on being the team leader!! ;-D
ABC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Who to Start/Bench