My Trip to Upstate NY - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Trip to Upstate NY

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Trip to Upstate NY

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:53 pm

Some of you may know that I went on vacation this weekend, that's why I haven't been here for the past couple days.

Saturday: We go to the Madison Regional Airport at around 12:00 PM, our plane leaves for Detroit at 1:35 PM. As some of you know, Northwest Airlines Mechanics are on strike, so we suffered many delays, numerous delays in Madison. We finally left for Detroit at 5:05. We got to Detroit at around 7:20 PM local time. Our original flight to Syracuse was scheduled for 5:37 PM, but obviously we couldn't make that, so in Madison we changed it to 9:03 PM. So, we had over an hour and a half in Detroit, we went to the A&W, you know get a burger some fries and of course root beer, they're out of root beer! Luckily, our Detroit to Syracuse flight didn't get delayed, we got to Syracuse around 10:30 in pouring rain. My mom's friend picked us up and we headed to his house in Lowville, NY which was about an hour away.

Sunday: We woke up around 9:30, had breakfast and were on our way to Alexandria Bay, NY by 10:30. We got to Alexandria Bay around noon. We stopped at some bar, I got a Spicy Chicken Sandwich or something like that, it was pretty good, but expected a little better. After lunch we headed to Canada, we checked in at customs and then just across the border was a look-out tower place, some 400 feet up. So we went up there and it was an amazing view of the 1000 Islands. Next stop, Kingston. When we got to Kingston we drove down the lakeshore road, found a place to park and went to the nearest pub. I got a bottle of root beer, I got this thing for bottled root beer, it's really good. We spent sometime around Kingston. Then we went back to the Parking ramp. We got some card when we entered the ramp, and you were suppose to go up to the lobby to pay it. But there was a really long line, and the meter wouldn't except the card, so when a SUV exited, we high-tailed it out of there right behind them before the bar closed.

We got back on the highway headed for a city with a nice hotel. We landed upon Cobourg, ON. We stayed at the Best Western because it was the only hotel in town with a pool. My brother and I swan in the pool before we went out to eat. We went to eat at this really good place called MacGregor's. I had half a chicken and a half rack of ribs. Of course, I didn't eat all the food, most of the ribs, shared a few, and the larger meat parts of the Chicken. That was some of the best food I've ever had, the ribs were great, the chicken had a great sauce and their root beer was really good. I recommend a stop to anyone driving past Cobourg. We went back the hotel and swam a little more, eventually hitting the hay.

Monday: This morning we woke up around nine, went to a donut shop called Country Style. Donuts weren't that good, orange juice tasted funny, but my mom said they had some of the best coffee she'd ever had. After we checked out we headed towards Niagara Falls. We went through Toronto, which honestly seemed to go until we go to Niagara Falls. The Falls were really cool, we went on the Maid of the Mists which was pretty awesome. Then we went to the Hard Rock Café for what we thought would be a meal. We ordered drinks, ordered food. But it had been about 45 minutes and still no food, the table across from us had ordered right before us and they had already eaten, and left. So we decided to leave, we left a little money to cover the drinks, but that was about all. Then we went to the Hershey's store, I got a milkshake and we had decided that was enough tourist stuff for one day.

We headed for Syracuse. All I gotta say about that drive was, it was the most boring drive of my life. Long, and uncomfortable. We ate in Syracuse at a BBQ place called Dinosaur. Great food, great ribs, great root beer, another place I'd recommend. That night we spent at a Best Western in Syracuse right next to the airport, nothing special, definitely better places to stay.

Tuesday: We had to wake up at around 5 in the morning. Our flight left at 6:30, it was on time and everything. Now, the other flight...another story. We were originally suppose to leave at 9:00, we didn't leave until noon. First, we got on the plane, there was something wrong, took about 30 minutes, we were cleared for take-off, on our way to the runway, something happened, so we had to go back to the gate and get that fixed. Eventually left at noon with about 15 passengers on board. We got back to Madison safely and on time, thankfully.

So that was my trip to upstate New York, sorry for wasting 5 minutes of your life to read this. That's if you didn't quit after a paragraph.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:14 pm

Looks like you had a good time. ;-D
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:43 pm

wayyy too detailed for my barin right now. Hey, at least you didn't have an old lady next to you at a Cubs game holding up a huge sign over your head that said "I wanna do Mark Prior". :,-( :~( :~(
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:08 am

mtryanks12 wrote:wayyy too detailed for my barin right now. Hey, at least you didn't have an old lady next to you at a Cubs game holding up a huge sign over your head that said "I wanna do Mark Prior". :,-( :~( :~(
We can tell!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:10 am

Sounds like you had a good trip man...Ain't Metro Airport grand? :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:48 am

Are you an aspiring food critic PA...or do you just like to eat a lot? Seems like a lot of your commentary dealt with your meals! :-b ;-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:47 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Are you an aspiring food critic PA...or do you just like to eat a lot? Seems like a lot of your commentary dealt with your meals! :-b ;-)

And on AIM tonight he went on about the chicken again... I think you're right MB.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:06 am

mtryanks12 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Are you an aspiring food critic PA...or do you just like to eat a lot? Seems like a lot of your commentary dealt with your meals! :-b ;-)

And on AIM tonight he went on about the chicken again... I think you're right MB.

Well, the food was so good, usually if I order ribs or something like that, they would be burned slightly, or the sauce would be crappy. It's just those ribs were the best ribs I've ever had, and it's not even close. I wouldn't mind being a food critic. :-b
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:28 am

PackerAttack84 wrote: I wouldn't mind being a food critic. :-b

You better get a good treadmill if you are going to be one man. :-)
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:28 am

that's the boringest trip story I ever heard. Though it sounds like your mom got lucky ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk