12 Team Auction League Starting Up - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

12 Team Auction League Starting Up

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team Auction League Starting Up

Postby SweetWalterPayton » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:40 am

I have opened a $50 auction league (you bid for players to start the season, instead of serpentine draft style) and am looking for GM's to fill.

95% payout ($17 for the auction software over at fantasyauctioneer.com plus paypal $1 paypal fees per owner) for the league goes as follows:

1st Place: $335
2nd Place: $165
3rd Place: $60

I have a successful running regular re-draft league I've run for 3 years now, plus a new "yearly re-draft" league that has run very smoothly to this point.

The league will run its Auction Draft Sunday September 4th (Time TBD, between 9 am Eastern and 2 pm Eastern).

If you haven't been in an auction league yet, it's a total blast. You will have $200 million dollars to spend to fill out your 20 man roster. Using fantasyauctioneer's software, owners take turns "nominating" players to be put on the auction block. As soon as a player hits the auction block teams bid on a player, raising his dollar value one dollar at a time. As soon as a bid lasts 20 seconds, the player goes to the team who bid for him for whatever price they chose to pay. You can stack your team with two stud running backs if you want to pay for them, or you can take your team in a dozen differently executed directions (maybe spend $150 on Manning/LT, and fill the rest of your team with sleepers).

If you are interested in this style of league, we use "traditional" scoring rules:

QB- 4 points for TDs, 1 point for every 25 yards
All other positions 6 points for TDs
RB/WR 1 point for every 10 yards recieving

Regular season lasts 14 weeks, 4 teams make playoffs in week 15 and 16, with 16 being the championship.

Please email me at mailto:jvg4@cisunix.unh.edu if you are interested in this league. It's going to be a blast and something new for many!

****PAYPAL IS REQUIRED FOR THIS LEAGUE*****
SweetWalterPayton
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds