Will Moore start over Michael Bennett??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Moore start over Michael Bennett???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Moore start over Michael Bennett???

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:54 am

Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 am

yeah, at least.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 am

Yeh, looks like Moore will get the start in week 1.

Funny, Bennett reckons he should be good to go, but Tice is stating Moore will be starting.

I dont believe Tice. He lies.

Moore will be starting at some point during the season, its a matter of certainty.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cruiz03 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:13 am

We're going to have to wait until Week #1, Sunday afternoon to see what really happens.

Is anyone drafting Moore now?

I can't stand Tice.
Keeper Roster:
QB: B. Rothlesburgh, C. Palmer
RB: S. Alexander, L. Johnson,
WR: T. Holt, Burress, M. Clayton, B. Edwards
TE: T. Heap
DT: Steelers

** Superbowl Champion AFFL 2003 & 2005**
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby edanono » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 am

I have seen Moore drafted as a #4 or 5 RB behind Bennett so far. But that has been in drafts prior to this info.

Now it is tempting to drop one of my lower players and get him.
DA Nono
edanono
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:26 am

I've been drafting Moore every chance I could. Unfortunately his ADP has been climbing quite a bit in the last few weeks, so he has not been as much of a bargain.

Bennett has showed some great potential, but continues to miss time. I have not been sold on him playing every game this year. He has started just 14 games (and played in just 19) out of the last 32, the last two years.

And with Tice calling the shots, you never know what you're going to get. Bennett was supposedly heathy for a few games last year, and he barely saw any action in those games.

I would much rather spend a 10th or 11th round pick, than a 4th rounder in this situation.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:31 am

Tice says Bennett will miss the first game. Which means almost certainly Bennett will play, and run for 300 yards and 7 touchdowns.
Last edited by 34=Sweetness on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Matthias » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:34 am

more detail from the minneapolis star-tribune below:

i wouldn't read too deeply for the greater season into it. tice is a long-time player who was probably freshly reminded of korey stringer. and once you start talking disk/spinal cord injuries... you're playing with serious stuff. not to say that either of them are fantastic picks because of the crowded backfield and tice's love of mo williams, just that i wouldn't go frothing over the mouth over mewelde or completely writing off bennett for the season as a whole as of yet.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5575895.html

An increasingly bizarre set of circumstances played out Tuesday at Winter Park, where the Vikings appear to have ruled out two offensive starters for the Sept. 11 season opener against Tampa Bay. One player was stunned to hear the news, while the other is concerned about issues bigger than simply Game 1.

Coach Mike Tice indicated that neither running back Michael Bennett nor center Matt Birk will play against the Buccaneers -- Bennett because of a sprained neck and Birk because of continued problems with his midsection that eventually will require surgery.

Known for his psychological games with players, Tice seemed to reach a captive audience with Bennett. Told that Tice said, "I don't see Mike being anything but an outside shot for Tampa," Bennett said: "I'm not even going to speculate on that. I don't want to even discuss it. I know that's not a question. If I can't go this week [in the third preseason game against San Diego], I'll be ready next week for Seattle. It's not even a question about the opener. I'm going to be ready to play."

Injuries cost Bennett 13 games during the past two seasons, and he is particularly sensitive about his durability. But he suffered what athletic trainer Chuck Barta called an annular tear of the ligament surrounding a disk in his neck during Friday's preseason game against the New York Jets. Barta said the injury typically sidelines a player for two or three weeks, and Tice has named Mewelde Moore the starter Friday against the Chargers -- and, presumably, against Tampa Bay.

On Tuesday, Tice said, "I'm not a doctor, but I know any time you sprain your neck or tweak your neck or have neck spasms or whatever he has, it's hard to put a guy back in there, especially a guy who has taken a lot of hits, unless he is confident in that neck."

Said Bennett: "There isn't anything going on. I can't go inside my neck and make it feel better."
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting that Matthias - good stuff!

Wow - so Matt Birk, the allpro center and leader of that great OLine in MIN wont play and may require surgery. Wasnt he seriously contemplating retirement anyway?

Whos the backup C again? Is it Cory Withrow? How has he looked so far this summer?

Id imagine with a return to running gameplan, this could end up a pretty big deal.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:23 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Thanks for posting that Matthias - good stuff!

Wow - so Matt Birk, the allpro center and leader of that great OLine in MIN wont play and may require surgery. Wasnt he seriously contemplating retirement anyway?

Whos the backup C again? Is it Cory Withrow? How has he looked so far this summer?

Id imagine with a return to running gameplan, this could end up a pretty big deal.

About a month ago the Viking's OC backstepped on the "running team" theory and said the Vikes are still pass first. Taking a page from Tice's book... too bad all that misinformation doesn't lead to wins. I seriously see a lot of 3 WR sets with Burleson and Taylor on the outside and M-Rob in the slot. Culpepper is still an elite QB if he can hit the open target and throw for 3700/25...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk