Will Moore start over Michael Bennett??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Moore start over Michael Bennett???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:34 pm

Moore proved he could play last year with some big games. He's worth a roster spot in any league. Bennett = trash.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:43 pm

Flockers wrote:Moore proved he could play last year with some big games. He's worth a roster spot in any league. Bennett = trash.

all right. go ahead. but my progastination is that neither bennett nor moore will be anything better than 70% point production of a normal, starting back this season, losing touches and tds to the other rbs in the vikings stable. and that moore & bennett will finish roughly equivalent in points come december.

or maybe in 2002, the last year that bennett was fully healthy, and the year he rushed for nearly 1,300 yards, he didn't prove to you that he could play.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JGarrison » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:50 pm

Matthias wrote:
Flockers wrote:Moore proved he could play last year with some big games. He's worth a roster spot in any league. Bennett = trash.

all right. go ahead. but my progastination is that neither bennett nor moore will be anything better than 70% point production of a normal, starting back this season, losing touches and tds to the other rbs in the vikings stable. and that moore & bennett will finish roughly equivalent in points come december.

or maybe in 2002, the last year that bennett was fully healthy, and the year he rushed for nearly 1,300 yards, he didn't prove to you that he could play.

Moore put up over 600 combined yards in 3 games last year. Given the chance, I think he could put up huge numbers this year, if CPep gets his passing game going without Moss.
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bertfinsfan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:53 pm

Agree 100% Flocker. ;-D

4.2 speed equates to nothing when you run directly into a defender. Moore's vision and football knowledge alone makes up for speed.
bertfinsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:23 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Thanks for posting that Matthias - good stuff!

Wow - so Matt Birk, the allpro center and leader of that great OLine in MIN wont play and may require surgery. Wasnt he seriously contemplating retirement anyway?

Whos the backup C again? Is it Cory Withrow? How has he looked so far this summer?

Id imagine with a return to running gameplan, this could end up a pretty big deal.
Last year Birk was also hurt for most of the year, so we got a good look at Withrow. He's decent at best, nothing more. You can chalk him down for a holding and a sack given up almost every game.

I expect the rushing game to be worse this year than it was last year, purely because Moss is gone. Our line is mostly the same, possibly worst. For the past few years announcers and fans have always said the Vikes have one of the best offensive lines in the game, which at one point was true, but recently due to all the All-Pros getting old, leaving due to free agency, and just deterioration, our line isn't anything special any more.

In the preseason game against the Jets the line looked terrible. None of our plethora of RBs could find any room to run, they were stuffed every time at the line, or for a very minimal gain. So personally, I'm staying away from Minnesota RBs, because of the line and loss of Moss, not because of the competition.

Last year when a RB was healthy, and was named the starter; he started the entire game. When Moe was the starter, he had great games, and was a great fantasy back. When Mewelde was given the start for those three games, he was awesome, and was a hot pickup in FF leagues. Bennett was slow once he got back, but during the FF playoffs anybody who played him was very happy, he had a few good games. The league champion in my league took the gutsy move and benched Jamal for Bennett in the Super Bowl week 16. He ended up winning the championship because of it.

Basically, any RB that starts for the Vikes should put up a good amount of points. Now that Mewelde is looking like he's going to start, he's much more draftable for me. I just worry about Tice benching him week 3 when Bennett comes back. One thing about Tice, is that he doesn't have a problem benching a back that's running well. Last year Mewelde had three awesome games then was benched.

I guess I typed all that to say, Mewelde will be good if he's truly the starter, and with Bennett not being able to stay healthy for more than two days, I wouldn't hesitate taking a flyer on Mewelde in a late round, as long as you're willing to watch him sit for a few weeks before being able to start him when Bennett actually plays.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:38 pm

The couple of snippets that I've read about this whole situation so far seem to imply that Tice is trying to soft sell a demotion of Bennett and a promotion of Moore to the starting lineup. This whole thing is making my head spin personally. I think Moore provides better value fantasywise simply because of the uncertainty involved in this situation, his low ADP and the chance that he ends up the starter there.

Just another passing thought, anyone else think it would be beyond the Vikes to keep Bennett's #s relatively low this season so that they can pick him back up at a bargain price?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:41 pm

MadScott wrote:Just another passing thought, anyone else think it would be beyond the Vikes to keep Bennett's #s relatively low this season so that they can pick him back up at a bargain price?

well - whats the situation on OSmith? Do the Queens still see him as the RB of the future or not?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Interstorm » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:19 pm

i would doubt the vikings have any plans with the whiz (although that is just my guess). going into next year, the only have moore and fason under contract. given smith's big history in only a short time - i can't imagine they'd willingly keep him (unless it is for league minimum).

...dude has talent too. too bad he's too stupid to keep his head on straight. he'll be out of the league and probably homeless in 4 years...
Interstorm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
MadScott wrote:Just another passing thought, anyone else think it would be beyond the Vikes to keep Bennett's #s relatively low this season so that they can pick him back up at a bargain price?

well - whats the situation on OSmith? Do the Queens still see him as the RB of the future or not?

I can't see any team banking their future on a RB who's one suspension away from being permanently removed from the NFL. At best, Onterrio will likely fill in as a role player, but his long term plans are likely out the door.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:31 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I can't see any team banking their future on a RB who's one suspension away from being permanently removed from the NFL. At best, Onterrio will likely fill in as a role player, but his long term plans are likely out the door.

I couldn't agree more. Just too many RB's available for teams to put any stock into any RB that is 1 step away from a year long suspension. The RB's that put themselves into that situation are really hurting their money making abilities.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk