Will Moore start over Michael Bennett??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Moore start over Michael Bennett???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Matthias » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:23 pm

MadScott wrote:Just another passing thought, anyone else think it would be beyond the Vikes to keep Bennett's #s relatively low this season so that they can pick him back up at a bargain price?

no. the vikings have been loading up on young rbs... they have no reason to try to keep bennett's #s down just to keep him around. my guess is if bennett's contract expires, and he finds another team to sign him on, the vikings brass will wish him happy trails.

i'd still say this is simply medically related.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:12 pm

Both Bennett's and Onterrio's contracts are up this season. I'm fairly confident that we won't offer S.O.D (self proclaimed "Steal Of Draft," now "Still On Drugs") a new contract, as he'll sit out this entire year and they don't want a guy on drugs on the team.
Bennett I'm not as sure about. If he plays this year and plays as well as he has in the past, I see know reason why they wouldn't resign him. Tice clearly has a problem with Moore, even last year after his great 3 games, he benched him. I don't think he has the confidence in Mewelde to rely on him to be the starter, and at this point Fason is still completely unproven. If Bennett can stay healthy this year, I see him being a Vike again next year. But on the flipside, if he sees significant time on the injured list, and Fason can at least show some potential, I don't see why we would offer him a very big contract, if one at all.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:18 pm

I really hope Minny lets Bennett and Smith go. Bennett has 4.2 speed - so what? That means nothing if you can't stay on the field for more than 4 games a year. Yes, he did have a great season a few years ago; the key being 'a few years ago.' What has he done lately? Get both of them out of here, trade up in the draft, and take Reggie Bush.

I wish.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:49 pm

Speaking of Fason, I haven't heard much about him - has he done anything of note in training camp???
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby MadScott » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:29 pm

stomperrob wrote:Speaking of Fason, I haven't heard much about him - has he done anything of note in training camp???
Tice praised his performance last game but he was also injured and I believe out the next few weeks with an ankle sprain.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bruschi » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:41 am

What about the oringial goal-line hog, Moe Williams. He may be the most draftable Minny RB?
"I didn't do it" - OJ on the stand, October 1994
Bruschi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JGarrison » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:23 am

JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:45 am

We have to register, can you just post it?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JGarrison » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:43 am

Tice confirms Bennett will be starter

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

Vikings coach Mike Tice bolstered his commitment to running back Michael Bennett as his starter after the two met Wednesday morning.

"We are absolutely on the same page," Tice said. "Mike Bennett is a proven player and he is our starter, and the injury won't stop him from being the starter. I'm not playing any mind games or anything. But I have to have another plan if he can't play."

Tice explained to Bennett that the training staff initially said the running back would be out two to three weeks because of a neck injury, so Tice developed an auxiliary plan, naming Mewelde Moore the starter for Friday's exhibition game against the San Diego Chargers.

As a result, there was confusion at Winter Park.

Bennett said he was satisfied after meeting with Tice. He insisted he would be ready for the season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"I don't know what the whole big hoopla was about," Bennett said. "My neck is a whole lot better."

Bennett plans to go through warm-ups Friday night and did not rule out the possibility of playing against the Chargers. He said he would rather be "safe than sorry."

Although he has been slowed by injuries, Bennett said he is not worried about this one.

"It's nothing that restricts anything," he said. "The season hasn't even started. I'll be ready to start against Tampa and throughout the whole season."
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:47 am

How baffling.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor