Any advice for sophomore season girl? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any advice for sophomore season girl?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I'm back...

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:44 pm

hethdent wrote:At the risk of making my FF league look bad, I'm proud to say that I am yet again the reigning champ and am going for the 3-peat this year...crazy, I know.
I think I have graduated past the position of soliciting help from anyone I know...not one guy is willing to accept that I'm as unknowing as I claim to be, mostly because all you FFL obsessors can't seem to believe that a lot of this is luck!
But anyway...I'm looking forward to another fun season and hope you guys are too!
And I still accept any and all advice--I'm starting early this year on my preparations, which is a good start I hope!

Good luck again this year. Maybe I should be trying to get advice from you. I haven't won a league in 2 years. No I am not in your league. LOL

There are some good people here. you should join one of the leagues run from here. We have a great time.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Infidel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:29 pm

Love a girl who loves Football. I have never offered this B4 but, I think you can see my e-mail address in my profile. If you don't have Cheat Sheets already, e-mail me with you league scoring system and I will create same using FFToday Draft Buddy. I have a method for getting it free which I am not willing to disclose. Good luck to you!
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:37 pm

Infidel wrote:Love a girl who loves Football. I have never offered this B4 but, I think you can see my e-mail address in my profile. If you don't have Cheat Sheets already, e-mail me with you league scoring system and I will create same using FFToday Draft Buddy. I have a method for getting it free which I am not willing to disclose. Good luck to you!

You just want her to email you ;-7 ;-)
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:32 am

If you've won two in a row...I really doubt you need our help, seriously. :-o I supposedly know a ton about fantasy football but have never won twice in a row.

I'm probably not going to add anymore insight to what's already been written...so I guess I have a comment and question for you! :-)

The more I play fantasy football, the more I say the "expert" way to do things isn't always the best way. I mean, it's a good place to start, but at the end of the day if you're scoring more than the other person it doesn't matter how you arrived there. Luck does play a factor also (and I'm not implying that you were lucky to win at all, just noting that has an impact).

So what I guess I'm asking is this: when you've done your drafts before, who have you picked at the beginning? RB's, or just players you know are good regardless of position? :-?

Personally...I'd hate to "screw up" what you've already done if it's working for you.
Last edited by Mercer Boy on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:34 am

Mercer Boy wrote:If you've won two in a row...I really doubt you need our help, seriously. :-o I supposedly know a ton about fantasy football but have never won twice in a row.

I'm probably not going to add anymore insight to what's already been written...so I guess I have a comment and question for you! :-)

The more I play fantasy football, the more I say the "expert" way to do things isn't always the best way. I mean, it's a good place to start, but at the end of the day if you're scoring more than the other person it doesn't matter how you arrived there.

So what I guess I'm asking is this: when you've done your drafts before, who have you picked at the beginning? RB's, or just players you know are good regardless of position? :-?

another piece of advice: when you see this guy posting, NEVER EVER look at the left side of your computer screen. :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:19 am

steelerfan513 wrote:hanging around here is the best thing you can do. you will be able to get advice from some very intelligent people.

I'm thinking seeing how she's 2 for 2 in winning the whole thing, most of us might want to start asking her for advice. ;-)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:47 am

I'm sorry, not to sound mean, but if you gave a damn you wouldn't have waited until 2 days prior to research it. Unlike these other guys, I have no sympathy just because you are a girl, and feel if you wanted to retain your title you would have tried harder. Good luck anyway.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:00 am

Wow, almost 1000 views. All this over a girl? :-b
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hethdent » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:07 am

Sixxgunn wrote:I'm sorry, not to sound mean, but if you gave a damn you wouldn't have waited until 2 days prior to research it. Unlike these other guys, I have no sympathy just because you are a girl, and feel if you wanted to retain your title you would have tried harder. Good luck anyway.

Yikes...sorry man. Anyway...that was last year...and those two days were definitely good enough to give me another "title" as you guys call it...even got a plaque. :-)

Sounds to me like you've got some kind of axe to grind...glad I could help you get it out of your system. And I'm pretty sure I'm not looking for sympathy--I can even honestly say I actually enjoy this stuff, although not as much as you guys do!
hethdent Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby hethdent » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:35 am

steelerfan513 wrote: another piece of advice: when you see this guy posting, NEVER EVER look at the left side of your computer screen. :-D

Thanks for the warning--although it just made me look--What the heck is that?!
hethdent Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk