How Long Will Thomas Jones be the Starter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Long Will Thomas Jones be the Starter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Long Will Thomas Jones be the starter?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:46 am

4 weeks
22%
8 weeks
26%
12 weeks
7%
All Year
45%

Total votes : 73

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:46 pm

Holding out to the point where it effects the first game of the season is a bad mistake for anybody IMO. Just ask Phillip Rivers, he's still on the bench!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deeznuts » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:47 am

all year, i read off footballguys that he put his real estate in chi-town back on the market, and shipped his vehicles back to his home state
deeznuts
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dmville » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:35 am

I went w eight weeks--not because I think Benson will come in, just because Jones will not perform and they will look to make any change they can.
Dmville
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:37 am

Dmville wrote:I went w eight weeks--not because I think Benson will come in, just because Jones will not perform and they will look to make any change they can.

no. T. Jones isn't that bad. I voted all year because Benson is going nowhere fast signing this deal, and doesn't seem to care that he's butchering his career. I'd pick Thomas Jones for a FF team in a heartbeat. In all the drafts I've done, he's one of the best backs to go real late.

i.e. the 10 team cafe mock draft.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby King Colt » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I think he'll be the man all year. Personally, I think Benson is a moron to hold out for longer, but he's held out for this long, why stop now? If and when Benson does sign, I think Jones will still outperform him and keep the job.

(yes, I own Thomas Jones in a league)
;-D ;-D ;-D
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby treadstone » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:54 pm

John Clayton just said on ESPN radio that Thomas Jones has looked like a great fit for the bears offense this year. I understand that Rex going down hurts his value, but the back-ups this year are atleast respectable. Clayton also said that the Bears aren't expecting Benson to be a major contributor this year but year two on.
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dmville » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:03 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:
Dmville wrote:I went w eight weeks--not because I think Benson will come in, just because Jones will not perform and they will look to make any change they can.

no. T. Jones isn't that bad. I voted all year because Benson is going nowhere fast signing this deal, and doesn't seem to care that he's butchering his career. I'd pick Thomas Jones for a FF team in a heartbeat. In all the drafts I've done, he's one of the best backs to go real late.

i.e. the 10 team cafe mock draft.

I should have said "not perform well enough". I don't know a back in the NFL who could on this team when the D is gonna have 9 guys in the box on almost every down. He'll do fine but come midpoint when they are 2-6 and have scored 100 points all season, Lovie will have no choice but to mix things up.

Really not rooting against him, I just don't expect much.
Dmville
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:12 pm

Thomas Jones will not be the starting RB for a full year even if Benson doesn't sign. The guy is a turd.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dmville » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Thomas Jones will not be the starting RB for a full year even if Benson doesn't sign. The guy is a turd.

So...what are you trying to say? :-b
Dmville
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Hugh M. Griz » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:23 pm

deeznuts wrote:all year, i read off footballguys that he put his real estate in chi-town back on the market, and shipped his vehicles back to his home state

I read this, too. My question is, where did a kid who just got out of school and has no job come up with the dough to have 'real estate' and 'vehicleS'?
Hugh M. Griz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk