How Long Will Thomas Jones be the Starter? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How Long Will Thomas Jones be the Starter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Long Will Thomas Jones be the starter?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:46 am

4 weeks
22%
8 weeks
26%
12 weeks
7%
All Year
45%

Total votes : 73

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:05 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Thomas Jones will not be the starting RB for a full year even if Benson doesn't sign. The guy is a turd.

Isnt it suprising how this former top 10 pick got better as he left ARI and then posted the best numbers of his career on a team that actually gave him the ball frequently?

Who would have guessed that would have happened? ;-7
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ricky_Christ » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:06 pm

Hugh M. Griz wrote:
deeznuts wrote:all year, i read off footballguys that he put his real estate in chi-town back on the market, and shipped his vehicles back to his home state

I read this, too. My question is, where did a kid who just got out of school and has no job come up with the dough to have 'real estate' and 'vehicleS'?

T.O. must have been throwing him cash all along to stage this entire holdout! Owens needed media attention taken off of him, & Benson apparently doesn't want to play football anyway! It's the only thing that makes sense!

That's it! I'm brilliant! ;-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:09 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Thomas Jones will not be the starting RB for a full year even if Benson doesn't sign. The guy is a turd.

Isnt it suprising how this former top 10 pick got better as he left ARI and then posted the best numbers of his career on a team that actually gave him the ball frequently?

21/67
13/32
13/52
18/59
14/46
15/49
13/26
15/40

Yup those are some real gems right there.

Notice how all his good games came against the worst rushing defenses in the league? Yeah, he switched to the NFC North, he didn't suddenly gain skills out of nowhere. Congrats on him hanging onto the job long enough to get 200 carries for the first time in his career though.

Thomas Jones = turd.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:11 pm

Dmville wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:
Dmville wrote:I went w eight weeks--not because I think Benson will come in, just because Jones will not perform and they will look to make any change they can.

no. T. Jones isn't that bad. I voted all year because Benson is going nowhere fast signing this deal, and doesn't seem to care that he's butchering his career. I'd pick Thomas Jones for a FF team in a heartbeat. In all the drafts I've done, he's one of the best backs to go real late.

i.e. the 10 team cafe mock draft.

I should have said "not perform well enough". I don't know a back in the NFL who could on this team when the D is gonna have 9 guys in the box on almost every down. He'll do fine but come midpoint when they are 2-6 and have scored 100 points all season, Lovie will have no choice but to mix things up.

Really not rooting against him, I just don't expect much.

ok that's fair enough. But IMO the Bears really dont have any one else worth turning to. So even if they try another back for a game or two they'll be going right back to Jones after their failed attempt.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

21/67
13/32
13/52
18/59
14/46
15/49
13/26
15/40

Yup those are some real gems right there.

Notice how all his good games came against the worst rushing defenses in the league? Yeah, he switched to the NFC North, he didn't suddenly gain skills out of nowhere. Congrats on him hanging onto the job long enough to get 200 carries for the first time in his career though.

Thomas Jones = turd.

Man - for a second there I thought you were putting up Rudi Johnsons numbers. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:23 pm

Hugh M. Griz wrote:
deeznuts wrote:all year, i read off footballguys that he put his real estate in chi-town back on the market, and shipped his vehicles back to his home state

I read this, too. My question is, where did a kid who just got out of school and has no job come up with the dough to have 'real estate' and 'vehicleS'?

Check out this thread:

Cedric Benson Sucks
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Football Talk