Postby johnrambo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:38 am

What #s will he produce this year?
" Who can make a play? T.O. can make a play." T.Owens
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:53 pm

I think he'll put up similar numbers to last year. Culpepper is going to use him a lot as a safety net.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Boomer's Brown Eye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:57 pm

Crystal ball says Flockers is dead-on-balls accurate with this one.
[color=orange]“…and if it doesn’t work out, dont worry. The Catholic church is always changing.”
[i]- wedding day advice given to my father by his mother[/i][/color]
Boomer's Brown Eye
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:02 pm

I still like Wiggins this year. He led the team in receptions last year, and he is a nice safety valve for Culpepper. Hopefully he can increase the TD's this year, though. He very well might with Moss gone. I don't think Kleinsasser will take much of his numbers at all as he is a blocking TE/FB.

I like Wiggins for 800 or so yards with maybe 5-7 TD's. Great option for those who miss out on the top TE's. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:32 pm

I disagree actually. Last year Wiggins benefitted from Jim Kleinsasser being injured all year. Wiggins is a bigger passing threat, but the Vikes don't run a two TE set, we'll be running three WR sets a lot with our plethora of good WRs. I see him having some impact, but not as much as last year. Especially considering the fact that we've got a much deeper crop of WRs now with the addition of Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ateam » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:43 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:I disagree actually. Last year Wiggins benefitted from Jim Kleinsasser being injured all year. Wiggins is a bigger passing threat, but the Vikes don't run a two TE set, we'll be running three WR sets a lot with our plethora of good WRs. I see him having some impact, but not as much as last year. Especially considering the fact that we've got a much deeper crop of WRs now with the addition of Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor.

This is quite true.

The TEBBC is not a good thing outside of Indy, generally.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:12 pm

I think you can expect 40-50 yards a game from him with an occasional TD.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:14 pm

I would say 50-60 catches is very reasonable...I just don't see Kleinsasser stealing that many grabs from him...

..Plus Birk being out mean even more quick dump offs. I think Wiggins is a great bargain late in drafts.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:13 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:..Plus Birk being out mean even more quick dump offs. I think Wiggins is a great bargain late in drafts.

Check out the latest Cafe Mock Draft. He didn't go very late there. I think he's a bit over-hyped. I'd have to come down on Zimmy's side on this one.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:31 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:I disagree actually. Last year Wiggins benefitted from Jim Kleinsasser being injured all year. Wiggins is a bigger passing threat, but the Vikes don't run a two TE set, we'll be running three WR sets a lot with our plethora of good WRs. I see him having some impact, but not as much as last year. Especially considering the fact that we've got a much deeper crop of WRs now with the addition of Troy Williamson and Travis Taylor.

I really like Wiggins this year. I agree with the guys who say he will grab 800 yrds and 7 TDs.

On another note, Zimm, "plethora of good receivers"? You guys don't even have a true #1 and Williamson, from everything I read, isn't what he should be. So you have a Decent #1 in Burlson. A career journey man in Robinson, and lesser career Journeyman in Taylor and a rookie who hasn't shown anything but speed? That the plethora of WR talent? I just don't see it.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk