The newest member of the working force... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The newest member of the working force...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby confused_jake » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:11 pm

I need a job...and my liscence. I could have both by now, but im really lazy. w00t w00t i turn 17 on wednesday!
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The newest member of the working force...

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:12 am

Flockers wrote:Me. :-)

I got a job at Sportmart/SportsAuthority today pending the results of a drug test, but I'm clean. I get $8 an hour and 20% discount. Looks like I can get a new paintball gun now.

Trust me, take the money you earn, invest it, and a few months from now you can by 4 paintball guns. ;-D
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:43 am

mtryanks12 wrote:

I got a job at Sportmart/SportsAuthority today pending the results of a drug test, but I'm clean. I get $8 an hour and 20% discount. Looks like I can get a new paintball gun now.

Trust me, take the money you earn, invest it, and a few months from now you can by 4 paintball guns. ;-D
That's a cool startin' gig. man! My first job was in a gretting Card factory, and I swear it wa slike a USA sweatshop! And I got paid $7.50 an hour. Pretty much all of the money I made last summer ($1,220) is gone :~(. But Food, Beer, and Greens will do that to ya in a year! Guess, I should've invested it. Nice Job Flock,I am lookin' yet again for another job! Hook a brother up man! ;-)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:48 am

mtryanks12 wrote:

haha... have I been gone so long that I have forgotten the wonders of MTR Financial?

I have a better idea, straight from No1 Mutual. Spend half of your money on whatever crap you want, and put the other half in the bank. After a while, that money piles up... and quickly. Assume you are working around 20 hours a week, at 8 an hour, and after taxes, every two weeks your take home pay is roughly $280. 140 dollars will give you financial independance to live on paycheck to paycheck... for movies, video games, DVDs, food, girlfriend... whatever your poison. Whereas after like 2 months and a week (ten weeks... just 5 pay periods...) you have 1400 in the bank.

That's pretty much what I do... the only problem is that my big savings chunk of money goes to my bills, rent, food, tuition and textbooks... college is a bitch sometimes...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:08 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:

haha... have I been gone so long that I have forgotten the wonders of MTR Financial?

I have a better idea, straight from No1 Mutual. Spend half of your money on whatever crap you want, and put the other half in the bank. After a while, that money piles up... and quickly. Assume you are working around 20 hours a week, at 8 an hour, and after taxes, every two weeks your take home pay is roughly $280. 140 dollars will give you financial independance to live on paycheck to paycheck... for movies, video games, DVDs, food, girlfriend... whatever your poison. Whereas after like 2 months and a week (ten weeks... just 5 pay periods...) you have 1400 in the bank.

That's pretty much what I do... the only problem is that my big savings chunk of money goes to my bills, rent, food, tuition and textbooks... college is a bitch sometimes...

You forgot the whole point of a Mutual savings bank. Bank customers with a current savings account will be able to buy the company's stock when they go public. That;s the whole selling point of a mutual savings bank.

Well Flockers, if you put your money into MTR Mutual you will be guaranteed cash when we go public. A perfect investment for you and your paintball guns. ;-)
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:05 am

Good luck with the new job, bro. That's great news for you. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:19 am

MTR - I wouldn't trust you to feed my goldfish. I'm not putting my finances in your hand. :-)
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:05 pm

Flockers wrote:MTR - I wouldn't trust you to feed my goldfish. I'm not putting my finances in your hand. :-)

Burned!

MTR - If I were you I wouldn't stand for this. :-b
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:20 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:
Flockers wrote:MTR - I wouldn't trust you to feed my goldfish. I'm not putting my finances in your hand. :-)

Burned!

Haha, I think Flock might have been kiddin' a little bit! At least I think! :-o
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:03 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:

Burned!

Yeah, 3 o'clock behind the jungle gym....be there

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk