Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores***

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:48 am

Oh man, what a topic? ;-D

Argueably two of the most talented wr combos in the league.

Detroit
Roy Williams-Human highlight DVD-NFL version
Charles Rogers-Great hands
Mike Williams-Smart player with the ability.

Raiders
Randy Moss-did you not just see his name?<-------
Jerry Porter-Awesome height
Doug Gabriel-Fast
Ronald Curry-Really Fast

I'll save some of my opinion for later.

I'll Rack'em. Who wants to break?
Last edited by UNDEFEATED on Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:53 am

Who's a better group is the question I assume you're asking. I'd take the Raiders group, without question. Moss is one of the greatest WR's of all time, Porter has already accomplished more than anyone on the Lions roster, Curry was great until he got hurt and Gabriel is a very nice 4th reciever. It's not that I don't like the Lions WR's, but the Raiders are already ahead of the Lions in terms of WR production. At least on paper.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby devius » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:36 am

raiders by far....moss alone skews the sides.... we should get a ranking going on WR corps. i vote

1. raiders
2. colts
3. packers
4. lions
5. rams
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby benjapage » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:22 am

y'all are ignoring my bengals. come on, now.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:05 am

if i were starting an nfl team, i would take the lions trio. they're just too good top to bottom (or at least, if they live up anywhere close to their expectations) to beat out just moss, who is fantastic, and porter, who i don't really respect that much.

fantasy-wise, of course, you want the raiders. because detroit doesn't have a great quarterback and all the detroit wideouts are about equal on ability/potential, so none of them are the go-to guy which moss is in any city other than philadelphia.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:13 am

Id take the Raiders for this year.

But its hard to say how I will feel next year. The DET WRs have so much potential its ridiculous, if they can stay healthy, they will be deadly....well that and if Harrington can get them the ball
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:36 am

fantasy wise....ill take the raiders....good qb, plus theyll be throwing A LOT since theyll be playing catch up with that awful defense they got.....

if i were starting a team, id take the lions wr's.....3 first round draft picks....in 3 years, its crazy....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby jayday » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:37 am

and dont forget abnout the bengals either....lol
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:45 am

I think it's hard to say..I think I have to go Raiders at this point with Randy Moss..Can't bet against the best WR in the game right now in my opinion.

I do think the Lions have a ton of talent, and huge upside down the road..But Roy got hurt a little last year, and Rogers has only played a little and is very injury prone.

I think I would like to see the Lions ones develop a bit more before I take them over the Raiders, but they are going to be very solid.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:49 am

Matthias wrote:if i were starting an nfl team, i would take the lions trio. they're just too good top to bottom (or at least, if they live up anywhere close to their expectations) to beat out just moss, who is fantastic, and porter, who i don't really respect that much.

fantasy-wise, of course, you want the raiders. because detroit doesn't have a great quarterback and all the detroit wideouts are about equal on ability/potential, so none of them are the go-to guy which moss is in any city other than philadelphia.

I completely agree. You simply cant bet against Moss, but just like Matthias, I just do not respect Porter and see him as one of the more overrated WRs in the league. Curry and Gabriel are ok, but the NFL speed merchant WRs just dont impress me all that much - the league is kinda saturated with speed guys.

When CRog plays all yr this yr, and you see what kind of WR BMW is, this question will be a formality come next yr - everyone will know who the best WR corps in the league is. But as of right now, there is no way anyone can say DET has the best WRs - they havent done anything. Its all speculation and talent with almost no actual NFL performance.

Remember how jaw dropping talented Roy looked last yr? Dont forget he played injured for well over half the season. Now consider that most people who follow the Lions believe Charles Rogers is actually more talented. People who saw USC play 2 years ago know all too well the merits of BMW - aside from Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Williams is probably the best redzone threat WR to enter the NFL in the last 5 years. If these guys play anywhere near their potential, DET could have a WR group that is not only the best in the league, but it could challenge some of the greatest WR corps the NFL has ever seen.

Corn's Homer post of the day.
Last edited by Cornbread Maxwell on Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk