Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby irishclown » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:59 am

1. raiders
2. colts
3. packers
4. lions
5. rams

Dude i just spit my gatorade everywhere.....The Packers???

Are you $hitting me??

I guess I know where you are from. Jesus, The Pats probably have a better all-around WR Core than the packers, and I wouldn't dream of putting them in a top 5 list. (Branch, Givens, Brown, Terell, Bethal, and now Andre Davis) Too funny man. I know Walker is a stud, but c'mon man.
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:19 am

irishclown wrote:
1. raiders
2. colts
3. packers
4. lions
5. rams

Are you $hitting me??

I guess I know where you are from. Jesus, The Pats probably have a better all-around WR Core than the packers, and I wouldn't dream of putting them in a top 5 list. (Branch, Givens, Brown, Terell, Bethal, and now Andre Davis) Too funny man. I know Walker is a stud, but c'mon man.

Walker alone? No. Walker and Driver? Yes.

I agree that the Packers should be up there (top 5 perhap, maybe not top 3). Driver compiled very solid stats last year and seems to be drastically underrated in a lot of drafts.

Except for his injury plagued 2003 season, he has been solid. Over 1000 yds, and 9 tds in each year. I wouldn't underestimate the Pack's WR corp.
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:23 am

Got to go with the Raiders here. Moss, the number one reciever in the league hands down. And then Porter who is an enviable #1 reviever being a #2... easily the best 1,2 punch in the league.

But I do agree with what some of you are saying about starting a team with those three Detriot recievers, some of the best to come out of college in recent years, puts a team in really good shape. But we really haven't seen Rodgers play in the league and Mike Williams isn't even their #3 from what I've heard, but their talent and potential is overwhelming.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby black_hawk8888 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:41 am

I think the Bengals aren't too far behind that list.
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby thesmith00 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:48 am

i agree with the first responder. The lions receivers have lots of potential, but haven't accomplished anything. On the other hand, Moss is still in the prime of his career, Porter is entering the prime of his career, and both Raider backups can stretch the field.
thesmith00
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Firemoth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:54 am

irishclown wrote:Too funny man. I know Walker is a stud, but c'mon man.

... yet for the past two years (2003 and 2004), Walker failed to win a starting spot during training camp.

That would suggest that the two WRs who beat him were at least somewhat good as NFL receivers, even though they weren't as much fantasy-wise...

Edit: Conversely, it could suggest Walker is not, in fact, a stud. Take your pick.
Firemoth
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:49 am

Raiders!
Last edited by BALCOBOMBER on Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby devius » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:24 pm

irishclown wrote:
1. raiders
2. colts
3. packers
4. lions
5. rams

Are you $hitting me??

javon walker 89/1382/12 donald driver 84/1204/9. the numbers speak for themselves. granted they may be a lil high but i couldnt bring myself to put the rams higher since bruce is getting older in age and may not be there long. and to me the lions havent proven their potential. when the pats can have just one of they're recievers gain 1000 yards in a year...then maybe ill concider them. but right now there is no way they have a better reciever corps than the packers.
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby texasmouth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:47 pm

Raiders by far. No way the packers are in the top 5. I would take

1A. Colts- Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Walters
2. Arizona- Fitz, Boldin, Johnson, Lee
3. Detroit- RW, Rogers, MW, Kevin Johnson
4. Bengals- CJ, Housh, Washington, Warrick

I just don't see the Pack better than that. They are only two deep. And don't try and sell me on Ferguson.
Dallas Cowboys fan.
Longhorns Fan.

www.profootballnet.com
A great new site for fantasy football fans.
texasmouth
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby gablefan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:49 pm

Packers...PLEASE!
Ok, here we go: Rec yds avg long TD
Jerry Porter 64 998 15.6 52 9
Ronald Curry 50 679 13.6 63 6
Doug Gabriel 33 551 16.7 58 2

Those numbers, keep in mind, are with no running game! Yeah I know what you are going to say, "They were behind so they were throwing alot!" True, but if the opposing team knew they would be airing it out, don't you think the Defense would be ready for it?
Plus: You have the addition of the best WR in the game who will almost certainly put up 1200 and 12 TD's. Now that there is an actaul running threat there, and a QB with a year in that system to under his belt, who knows what can happen?

Oh Yeah and I don't even think the Raiders are the best. How can you go with anyone but Indy? Who else had 3 WR's all over 1000 yds and all with 10+ TD's? Pakers are somewhere in the middle of the road, maybe top 12.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk