Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Raiders WRs vs Detroit WRs***Roll Call Best NFL WR Cores***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:07 pm

I agree wholeheartedly with Cornbread about the Oakland vs Detroit argument. As of now it would be a pretty close argument because of Randy Moss' dominance, but in the future I don't expect this to be a hard question at all. Now its my turn to be a homer....as far as top WR cores go, the Rams have to be on top. Holt and Bruce have been one of the most prolific WR duos over the last 5-6 years. Although Bruce is aging Holt is performing like one of the best of the league. Curtis and McDonald showed their potential and talent last year after injury plagued seasons in '03, they'll be great complements to Holt and Bruce.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2theIzzo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:13 pm

Raiders just because of Moss. :-)
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:52 pm

I love the 1/2/3 Detroit gives you. Well balanced and all around talented. But Moss is worth 2 WRs by himself, and you only have to start 1 player on the field.

No contest.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:05 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote:Obviously, Undefeated just posted this topic so he could read everyone's posts about how his beloved Raiders have the best receiveing core in the game. Your such a homer! Can't wait till the Raiders start the year off 0-3.

I just wanted to spark up a conversation about wrs cores.

I believe the Lions wideouts are more talented.

The Raiders i would claim have the best downfield speedsters in the league.

As for the best route running wrs. The Rams and Colts would have to duke it out there.

I probably should have title this "Best WR cores in the league"

As a matter of fact i will adjust it some.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ateam » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:38 pm

Funny thing, the 'Fins could make a decent argument for top 10 status if only they had someone who remotely resembled a QB on that team.

Chambers, Booker, Boston would sure look on any other team.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:59 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote:Obviously, Undefeated just posted this topic so he could read everyone's posts about how his beloved Raiders have the best receiveing core in the game.

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this thread. Nothing wrong with a little approval from the gallery about your favorite team. They're still going to miss the playoffs. :-]
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ThreeUp3Down » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:48 pm

Fantasy wise the Raiders. If I had to take them in real life though it would be the Lions. Rogers obviously has been out for two years now thanks to his collarbone but if healthy is very solid. Roy Williams is a machine and he's young. In a few years he'll be at an all-time great level and doesn't have the discipline problems Moss and Owens have. M. Williams is going to have a solid rookie year but nothing huge. He'll be a solid workhouse for years to come though. A long with Pollard now at TE if the Lions would be smart enough to get a good QB they could be a force. All that recieving talent is going to waste with Harrington at the helm though. R. Williams is going to remain the go-to man and will put up big numbers this year regardless of who throws the ball though.
ThreeUp3Down
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:59 pm

I really dont think the Lions recievers deserve to be top 5 at this point? Roy Williams is a monster, but Charles Rogers hasn't played for two season and Mike Williams a) didnt even play football last year and b) last time he stepped on the field he was playing against college kids...college kids that go to school...college kids that ask their mommys and daddys for money...i want to see how he plays against the best in the world, not the best in the state.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:12 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:Obviously, Undefeated just posted this topic so he could read everyone's posts about how his beloved Raiders have the best receiveing core in the game.

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this thread. Nothing wrong with a little approval from the gallery about your favorite team. They're still going to miss the playoffs. :-]

which is so much worse than losing to the Patriots in the playoffs again. :-b

I would take Oakland. Jerry Porter is pretty underrated in my books. He was the 3rd WR behind Rice and Brown for a while, and when he finally got to start he had Ronald Curry across from him. I think he and Moss will be a very dynamic duo.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:26 pm

Since when are either of these squads up for best WR corps?

The Lions WR's have loads of athletic ability and potential, but as a squad they haven't really done much yet. They're a slightly better version of the Cardinals really.

The Raiders have Moss, yes. But really as a unit they're not that much better than the Vikings were last year, and the Vikes weren't considered the best group out there.

Teams like Rams and Colts are the guys that should be being matched up here.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk