Handcuffing Edge: Rhodes or Mungro? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Handcuffing Edge: Rhodes or Mungro?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Handcuffing Edge: Rhodes or Mungro?

Postby Duff Man » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:14 am

Or would it be RBBC?

I drafted Rhodes as Edge's handcuff, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm just wasting a roster spot and should just rely on my backup RBs in case anything happens to him.
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:37 am

I know that Swiper has ended up with Edge in a ton of leagues and grabs Rhodes the last rd. in most of them. I assume that means that Rhodes is the primary backup although there is no telling with that sly fox. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:16 am

The Colts depth chart has Rhodes as Edge's backup but it has Mungro as the starting FB.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Teh Jury » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:40 am

I don't think you need to handcuff every one of your top picks... just injury prone ones.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Duff Man » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:48 am

who the hell is Swiper?

I agree that you don't need to handcuff all starting backs, but if there was someone behind James waiting to be as prominently involved in that offense as James is, than you gotta take him!

However, my instinct is that if James got hurt Rhodes wouldn't exactly step into his shoes, instead they'd try to get Mungro more involved also. If that's the case, than I'm thinking I really shouldn't bother holding onto Rhodes, especially since I have some decent backup RBs on my team . . .
Duff Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby King Colt » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:53 am

Rhodes has turf toe in case that influences your decision. Both guys have proven that they are capable of filling in at RB, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that both guys see a share of the extra carries.

That said, I'd probably look into getting another RB (depending on what's available), and seeking out Rhodes/Mungro only if James gets hurt.

It's also worth noting that the Colts signed Rhodes to a decent FA contract this off-season. If I recall correctly, it was for a few years and a few million. This leads me to believe that Rhodes may figure into any post-James plans that the team may have. He might have some value as a keeper if he emerges as James replacement (God forbid).
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bry97 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:23 pm

Good move taking Rhodes as a handcuff to Edge. You never know what's going to happen, and in that offense Rhodes will produce. I took Rhodes in my keeper league and I don't even have Edge. The Colts have Rhodes signed for two years for a total of 4.75 mil; not bad for a backup. If Edge were to go elsewhere next year, Rhodes is the man.
bry97
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:17 pm

I have Edge and have handcuffed him with Rhodes. Rhodes is his backup and Rhodes is also a kick returner. Rhodes is a good handcuff.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby koffeeboy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:55 pm

Rhodes is the better handcuff... but the thought that trying to handcuff every top pick is a waste.

Here's to many years of having Travis Minor and Maurice Morris just for the helluv it.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 pm

Duff Man wrote:who the hell is Swiper?

Cafe Vet that frequents these here parts.

Involved in all three of the leagues i am part of here at the cafe. I am guessin he is in at least 6 leagues here.

lots of good fantasy-intelligence.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk