Should the Commish do that?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Should the Commish do that??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should the Commish do that??

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:36 am

Ok this is my first year with this league and we had our draft about a week ago. Now after the draft the commish has changed which teams are in what divisons. There is no way he should do this correct? i emailed him and told him what i thought. im awaiting a response from him and you guys!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Teh Jury » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:42 am

Pretty much nothing should be changed after the draft has taken place. And the division's shouldn't be changed. On a side note, that must be a big league to have divisions.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:45 am

12 team league with 3 divisons of 4 teams each.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:52 am

Sounds like he's setting it up to give teams uneven matchups and I'm not sure I would bother to play with this guy.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:57 am

I agree, divisions should be set before the draft and remain the same after the draft has taken place. My league does odds and evens for 2 divisions.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby A2theIzzo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:58 am

Yeah sucks to be in a league with a comish like that. I dont know what I would do...
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:30 pm

Yeah I drafted in my league to screw some of the other division mates, mainly taking C Taylor and E. Shelton , since the guys that own Lewis and foster are in my division. That is wrong he should change it back.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:34 pm

if he has some sort of explanation, i wouldn't cause a fuss about it. unless it's just blatant that he's setting himself into an easier division or what not... i just don't see it as that big of a deal.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dub-Dub » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:15 pm

You know, I had my answer to this as soon as I read the title... if you have to come here and ask, chances are, there is a problem.

In my league I would require unanimous agreement of a change of this magnitude this late... what, after the draft he wants to be in another division. I'd protest big time.
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby texasmouth » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:29 pm

Well, the reason for it was the two people that were switched worked in the commishes office. The divisions were supposed to be changed before the draft. It had nothing to do with any kind of competitive edge or anything like that. The two guys just wanted to move into the division with the other two guys, so the commish obliged them. The commish emailed the entire league and told them it was happening, asked for input and agreed that if it caused problems or heartache to anyone, it would not happen. Only one person in the league had a problem with it. Out of 12 teams, 1 person had a problem with it. This league is basically made up of people who all know each other, there is only one guy who doesn't know the rest of the people. It is totally understandable that it could be questioned. The commish was just granting a request made by people in the league. The commish did not change divisions either. Two people were switched with two other people in another division.

(Yes I am the Commish in question and I take full responsibility for it.)
Dallas Cowboys fan.
Longhorns Fan.

www.profootballnet.com
A great new site for fantasy football fans.
texasmouth
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk