Where does it end? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Where does it end?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where does it end?

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:22 pm

I will save my comments about the oversensitive nature of this country as a whole for later. How this kind of stuff even gets into the legal system is beyond me. By the way, now everyone knows she is fat.

Fox News Story
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:27 pm

... :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:37 pm

Its an insane world!!
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby awwchrist » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:38 pm

the part of my brain that induces stereotypical assumptions is running a mile a minute.

like a fat kid after a popsicle.

seriously though...I'm fat. Not like morbidly jerry-springer "cut down the walls to get him on a pallet and flown to a weight clinic" fat. But likely 2 kids, 2 tv's , 2 computers, one good cookin wife fat.

I go out n do stuff. I'm not afraid of taking my shirt off. I'm comfertable with my fatness to a degree.

But I do go in on health checkups regularly. Prolly more so than changing the oil in my car (btw..which reminds me I need to do that)..

So...when I go into the doc's office, and I tell him what's happened since the last checkup, I realize that I'm going to get a pat on the back for not smoking still. And I realize that he's going to tell me that I'm a fatty, and I need to get my ass on a diet and into a physical conditioning regiment.

What I don't do, is cry about it and assume that he's my best friend and will treat me as such. Worried more about my emotions than my physical issues.

You're going to the doctor lady. Did you expect him to compliment your hair color and leave?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:45 pm

Hold on a second there - it's Fox News. That screams senstationalist crap to me.

dream - where do you get from the story that this has anything to do with the legal system? This was a complaint to the doctor's professional board. These are the people that you are supposed to complain to if you have a problem with the doctor's bedside manner.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my doctor lecturing on my love life. He is supposed to deal with medical problems but it kind of sounds like he went a little beyond that.

There just are not enough facts to be jumping to conclusions. He could have said "Nobody would want to have sex with you fatty." Who knows? All I know is that Fox News tries to make these things as sensational as possible.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:49 pm

There just are not enough facts to be jumping to conclusions

dude...it's about fat adults. Nobody's jumping anywhere. ;-)
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:52 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Hold on a second there - it's Fox News. That screams senstationalist crap to me.

dream - where do you get from the story that this has anything to do with the legal system? This was a complaint to the doctor's professional board. These are the people that you are supposed to complain to if you have a problem with the doctor's bedside manner.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my doctor lecturing on my love life. He is supposed to deal with medical problems but it kind of sounds like he went a little beyond that.

There just are not enough facts to be jumping to conclusions. He could have said "Nobody would want to have sex with you fatty." Who knows? All I know is that Fox News tries to make these things as sensational as possible.

Mookie, that little blurb at the end seems really out there. I know if I were fat, and a doctor told me I had weight problems, and he/she said I needed to adjust my lifestyle. Because it could effect my love life among other things, that wouldn't really bother me. He/she is only trying help, and giving reasons why I should adjust my liefestyle.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:55 pm

That ... needs to be slapped.

edit. no gold stars for you. - aww
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:56 pm

Tiki wrote:Mookie, that little blurb at the end seems really out there. I know if I were fat, and a doctor told me I had weight problems, and he/she said I needed to adjust my lifestyle. Because it could effect my love life among other things, that wouldn't really bother me. He/she is only trying help, and giving reasons why I should adjust my liefestyle.

Well we don't know what was said or how he said it. What we do know is that it was investigated by the Board of Medicine and they felt that it deserved a letter of concern. These guys are professionals who regulate doctors. I trust them more than Fox News.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:08 pm

Maybe being harsh is the only way she gets the fat out of her ears and actually hears the words "You are going to die if you keep this up". Let me talk to her, she'll love this doctor after hearing me.

Me: "Hey chubs, come here a minute. Slowly bovine, I don't want you falling on me or anything. Now listen up tons-of-fun, you are fat. And you are single handedly making the hungry of America hungrier, because there are less scraps after a turkey dinner left on the plate, so the bums get nothing when they pick your trash. If you don't care that this disgusting blubber you carry around makes your husband so sick he won't sleep with you, or that it's going to cause your heart to swell like the Goodyear blimp, at least do it for the homeless."

Her: " 8-o "
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to General Talk