Where does it end? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Where does it end?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Tiki wrote:Mookie, that little blurb at the end seems really out there. I know if I were fat, and a doctor told me I had weight problems, and he/she said I needed to adjust my lifestyle. Because it could effect my love life among other things, that wouldn't really bother me. He/she is only trying help, and giving reasons why I should adjust my liefestyle.

Well we don't know what was said or how he said it. What we do know is that it was investigated by the Board of Medicine and they felt that it deserved a letter of concern. These guys are professionals who regulate doctors. I trust them more than Fox News.
We can speculate all we want man, but the fact is almost no doctor would say that to a patient and that's what we should go by, and not make up crazy little things...
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:49 pm

This is just plain rediculous.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TWolf2006 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:52 pm

Boo to the whiny fat woman, yay to the doctor whos not afraid to tell his patients whats wrong with them.
TWolf2006
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby A2theIzzo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:11 pm

Fat people....
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:13 pm

A cop pulls a guy over and says, "Have you been
drinking?"

He replies, "No, why? Is there a fat chick in my backseat?"

a fat chick comes into a bar, and there is this drunk dude... she lifts her arm up, revealing an afro of armpit hair, and says, "who wants to order a lady a drink?"
the drunk replies, "Get the Ballerina a drink!"
the bartender gives her one... the lady drinks it and leaves...
the bartender said to the drunk,
"excuse me sir, but that lady was not a Ballerina..."
and the drunk replies,
"look man, anyone who can lift there leg that high, has got to be a ballerina!"

Pick up line
Gee, you don't sweat much for a fat chick.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Hold on a second there - it's Fox News. That screams senstationalist crap to me.

dream - where do you get from the story that this has anything to do with the legal system? This was a complaint to the doctor's professional board. These are the people that you are supposed to complain to if you have a problem with the doctor's bedside manner.

Dr. Terry Bennett says he tells obese patients their weight is bad for their health and their love lives, but the lecture drove one patient to complain to the state.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my doctor lecturing on my love life. He is supposed to deal with medical problems but it kind of sounds like he went a little beyond that.

There just are not enough facts to be jumping to conclusions. He could have said "Nobody would want to have sex with you fatty." Who knows? All I know is that Fox News tries to make these things as sensational as possible.

I could have put the link to the New Hampshire newspaper report if you like. It is from the AP, not something FOX is blowing out of proportion.
"I told a fat woman she was obese," Bennett says. "I tried to get her attention. I told her, 'You need to get on a program, join a group of like-minded people and peel off the weight that is going to kill you.' "

This doesn't look that bad to me. It also says she took it to the New Hampshire Board of Medicine looked at it now it is going to the State attorney general's office to investigate. It is going to the state law. It sounds to me like she didn't like it, took it to the Medical Board didn't like that she only go a written apology and now is looking for more. This is the problem, if you tell someone the truth, and they don't like it, you can eventually get them removed from their job.

Back to my original subject: where does it end? He is doing his job, take it for what it is worth. If you don't like it go to a new doctor until someone tells you that you are fine....drop dead....and then come back to haunt them.

PS Everyone still knows that she is a fatty now!
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:54 pm

"$50,000 dollars? Where am I going to get that kind of money?"

"Well, you could whore yourself out to a thousand fat chicks for $50 bucks each..... or you could whore yourself out to 50 REALLY fat chicks for $1000 bucks each."
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Crimedogg32 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:25 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:"$50,000 dollars? Where am I going to get that kind of money?"

"Well, you could whore yourself out to a thousand fat chicks for $50 bucks each..... or you could whore yourself out to 50 REALLY fat chicks for $1000 bucks each."

hahaha family guy ;-D really funny
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:12 am

lmao@ RW and Sweetness :-D ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:02 am

awwchrist wrote:
There just are not enough facts to be jumping to conclusions

dude...it's about fat adults. Nobody's jumping anywhere. ;-)

heh-heh.

;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk