Where are you taking Vick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where are you taking Vick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where are you taking Vick

Postby Tate Decker » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:13 am

He is available with the first pick of the 6th round in an 8 team league and I have no QB. Where has he been going in your drafts?
Tate Decker

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bbentley40 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:19 am

I took him in the 7th round of my draft. 12 team league. I also have Brooks and Hasselbeck too though so I mainly picked him up for some mid-season trade bait if he gets healthy.. I might not trade him, but one of my other QBs.
Bentley
bbentley40
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:36 pm

At this point he shouldn't be a starter on an 8 team league. I would look elsewhere. WIth only 8 teams in the league, it shouldn't be too hard to find a good quarterback.

McNabb
Culpepper
Manning
Gannon
McNair
Brooks
Favre
Bledsoe
Green
Maddox

there's ten quarterbacks I would rather have than Vick at the moment. Vick will be out for awhile and then return rusty.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby josebach » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:47 pm

brdmaverick wrote:At this point he shouldn't be a starter on an 8 team league. I would look elsewhere. WIth only 8 teams in the league, it shouldn't be too hard to find a good quarterback.

McNabb
Culpepper
Manning
Gannon
McNair
Brooks
Favre
Bledsoe
Green
Maddox

there's ten quarterbacks I would rather have than Vick at the moment. Vick will be out for awhile and then return rusty.

Where's Warner? Two years ago (last year he was hurt), Warner had 38 touchdowns and 4800 yards. Where's the love?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:20 pm

josebach wrote:
brdmaverick wrote:At this point he shouldn't be a starter on an 8 team league. I would look elsewhere. WIth only 8 teams in the league, it shouldn't be too hard to find a good quarterback.

McNabb
Culpepper
Manning
Gannon
McNair
Brooks
Favre
Bledsoe
Green
Maddox

Where's Warner? Two years ago (last year he was hurt), Warner had 38 touchdowns and 4800 yards. Where's the love?

Warner's still good, it's just that with the injury/qb controversy, I would rahter have the guys I mentioned over Warner. yes, I know he has a lot of potential, but I look at it as a Fred Taylor thing.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Bledsoe?

Postby Tate Decker » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:14 pm

All those guys were gone with the exception of Farve and Bledsoe. Im in Sandbox which emphasizes TDs over yardage so Farve is perenially bad. I took Vick and Hasselback with the final pick in the 5th and first pick in the sixth. MAybe a bit premature on both of them but I didnt want to get stuck with Brad Johnson. I passed up Garcia so you can hammer me on that now. With 4 RBs (Alexander, Henry, McAllister and Dillon and 2 QB's- my draft has been unorthodox at best. Hasselback can get me through the first 6 weeks then Ill look like a genius. So Im hoping.
Tate Decker

Re: Bledsoe?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:58 pm

with Alexander, Henry, McCallister, and Dillon, I would say you are having a very successful draft. Yes, that is unorthodox, but I wouldn't pass on those guys either.

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:37 pm

Where am I taking Vick? I'm not.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk