Hurricane Katrina - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Hurricane Katrina

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paul » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:06 pm

I knew it wouldn't take long before the liberals idiots started blaming Bush.

Because John Kerry would have stood on the shores of Louisiana and forbid the storm from coming inland.

Seriously...all the people that think it was so easy and obvious to have preperations in order for this...what did YOU do? Were you lobbying YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES to work on it?

Or are you a second guessing, opportunistic, self-loathing liberal?
Paul Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:12 pm

Paul wrote:I knew it wouldn't take long before the liberals idiots started blaming Bush.

Because John Kerry would have stood on the shores of Louisiana and forbid the storm from coming inland.

Seriously...all the people that think it was so easy and obvious to have preperations in order for this...what did YOU do? Were you lobbying YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES to work on it?

The only thing pointed out is the lack of troops and resources because we're fighting a war. I'm not going to turn this into another political thread, but if we weren't fighting - we'd have more troops, resources, and money to help the people in New Orleans. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's simple math. Total troops/resources/money - troops/resources/money in Iraq = less troops/resources/money to help the people in New Orleans.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:15 pm

Flockers wrote:
Paul wrote:I knew it wouldn't take long before the liberals idiots started blaming Bush.

The only thing pointed out is the lack of troops and resources because we're fighting a war. I'm not going to turn this into another political thread, but if we weren't fighting - we'd have more troops, resources, and money to help the people in New Orleans. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's simple math. Total troops/resources/money - troops/resources/money in Iraq = less troops/resources/money to help the people in New Orleans.

Well, Louisiana still has 2/3rd of its National Guard still in the US, and I doubt we would need all our military forces here. I would say the National Guard/Reserves/Army we still have stationed here should be enough to gain control of a bunch of glorfied street thugs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:23 pm

There you go Paul, I fixed my signature so people know how liberals think. God forbid you should sound like an idiot. ;-7
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Paul » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:05 pm

Sounds like I touched a nerve. ;-D
Paul Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Web Supporter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:06 pm

DANGER. DANGER WILL ROBINSON. MY HOOKS ARE FLAILING WILDLY.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Anybody know about Joester, who posted he was evacuating to Baton Rouge and hasn't posted since?
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:06 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:Anybody know about Joester, who posted he was evacuating to Baton Rouge and hasn't posted since?

I assume he's fine. He might not have computer access though.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:09 pm

Ugh, does anyone else read Something Awful? Paypal totally screwed them over and all they wanted to do was help...
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:04 am

Buddy, it doesn't take much brain power to figure out what I'm saying.

My argument: Bush was a day late and a dollar short when it came to aid for Katrina. It's not me, the flaming liberal that is saying it, it is everyone around the country. He was riding horses on the ranch for five days before doing anything about Katrina. It doesn't really matter why he reacted so slowly, no matter what Kanye West thinks, all that matters is the fact that he reacted slowly and that people are still homeless.

Then, I brought up the fact that Louisana was undermaned and undersupplied to cope with the tragedy, because most of the equipment and National Guard was overseas. Earlier this month, the Louisiana National Guard publicly complained that too much of it’s equipment was in Iraq. The local ABC news affiliate reported dozens of high water vehicles, Humvees, refuelers and generators are now abroad. Other states are facing shortfalls as well when facing fires, floods, or other disasters.

What you wish my argument was: Prez Bush iz waaayy two slow he shoulda ran out and sayd "mr. hurrican you stop right now" then he shoulda puled outt hiz magickal wand and stopped the waters from comin. he is such a bad guy why didnt he stop the frickin water.

kerry n everyy other demokrat woulda sooo built a fortress so katrina can't of come in. he also woulda given alllll his money to the mayor of nawlins so dat every1 could sleep good.

But, thanks for misconstruing my point.

Anyway, my prayers remain with the victims, as many of my refugees are actually flocking to my city. You question what I personally am doing to help? Well, besides donating cash, I drove a few pairs of niece's swimsuits over to a local park where some refugees were swimming.

I'm sorry if I'm turning this into a political debate, as I'm trying to remain as level-headed as possible and remember that while alot of this topic is political, our focus must remain on the still-suffering victims.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk