4 Experienced and Dedicated Owners Needed For The FFFL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

4 Experienced and Dedicated Owners Needed For The FFFL

Moderator: Football Moderators

4 Experienced and Dedicated Owners Needed For The FFFL

Postby JohnwayneMIA » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:06 pm

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

My name is Wayne Poller and I am the Commissioner of the Florida Fantasy Football League, a newly created league hosted by ESPN.com. The league currently has eight franchise owners with a live draft tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 4. I am seeking four dedicated and experienced owners to play in the inaugural season of the FFFL. The league is private, therefore, if you are interested, please contact me at mailto:wsp_1@bellsouth.net, mailto:jw33054@hotmail.com, IM at MSN messenger, or reply directly to the message board. The league includes IDP, (1 DT, 1DE, 2LB, 1C, 1S) as well as a punter. Also, the scoring system is designed to distribute equal scoring among positions so that QB's or RB's will not dominate the league. Please reply if you are up to the challenge.

(Below is an e-mail sent to current owners)

To All Owners:

Thank you for joining the Florida Fantasy Football League, where we "Play Hard...Play To Win!" It is my privilege to serve as your acting commissioner and hope that this inaugural season will be a memorable experience for all of you. In the seasons to come, I plan to create a league website, offer weekly prizes, and develop our league championship trophy. These are my aspirations for the FFFL, but they can only come to fruition with your dedication and committment to the league.
There are a few topics that need to be addressed concerning the league. First and foremost, the professionalism and integrity of the FFFL is very important to me, therefore each owner must name his team in the conventional city/mascot format. When you were invited to the league, all owners were assigned a city in the state of Florida. This city is the home of your franchise and cannot be changed. When choosing your team mascot, please choose a name or animal that best describes the spirit of your franchise. Please consider that this name does not only reflect you, but all other owners as well. Once you have decided on a name, submit it to the commissioner so that it can be approved. Gentlemen, it is not my desire to suppress your creativity, remember, we are just trying to be uniform and convey the image of quality ownership.
Starting next Wednesday, August 24 and every Wednesday thereafter, you will be receiving an e-mail from the league concerning any information that you need to be made aware of. Please check your e-mail so that you can stay abreast of important league news.
Gentlemen, we must determine how and when our league draft will take place. It is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, September 4, the day before Labor Day. This date was chosen because it is at the end of the preseason, depth charts will be set, and you will have all the information that you need to draft appropriately. With Monday being a holiday, if the draft lasted over an extended period of time, most people would not have to work the next day. This idea is also contingent on the league owners agreeing to a live ONLINE draft on ESPN.com.
Our other option is to have an automatic draft executed by the computer. In this option, you will submit a list of your desired players in the order of their importance (1st player on your list would be your most desired player etc.) and the computer would choose the teams for us. This is the simpler option, but the team will not be totally assembled by you, so please take that into consideration.
Finally, I have a graphic designer that I am working with to develop a league logo, as well as logos for your individual teams. Therefore, I need the following information from you via e-mail by Wednesday, August 17:

1. Team Mascot
2. Your vote on whether you prefer a live online draft or an automatic draft
3. A contact number in case you cannot be reached via e-mail
4. A street address where you can receive league correspondence

Please submit the requested information to me via e-mail at mailto:wsp_1@bellsouth.net Thank you for your cooperation and I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Sincerely,

Wayne Poller
FFFL Commissioner
Commissioner of the FFFL
"Play Hard...Play To Win"
JohnwayneMIA
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds