Help with running backs. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help with running backs.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with running backs.

Postby kswiss » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:30 pm

I am really having some trouble with my RB's I feel I am pretty thin.
QB - Garcia, Stewart
RB - Garner, Pittman, Lewis
WR - Harrison, Moulds, Gardner, A. Davis, Terry Glenn
TE - McMichael
K - Dawson, Vanderjagt
D - New Orleans, San Diego

I have to bench Garcia, Harrison, Gardner, and Van because they have bye so I don't have much room to work with. I feel lite in my running backs because I don't like having Pittman splitting carries each game. I know he plays Cincinnati this week, but should I really keep him? I could pick up Clinton Portis, James Stewart, or Jonathan Wells from FA. I don't expect Portis to be around next week though.

Any possible combinations to trade for a good RB?

I need some good Ideas. Thanks-
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:33 pm

try a glenn pittman combination that should attract some bidders

you could probably get a stud for those 2 and it wouldnt really hurt your depth at WR and youd get a starting RB for your team
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kswiss » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:39 pm

I really like that idea!

What's the best way to go about a trade?

Should I post a message on the board "looking to trade Pittman and Glenn for a starting Running Back" or should I just request a trade from someone who's back I want...

THanks for the advice
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thechill » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:54 pm

first I would drop teh extra kicker and grab Portis. At least stash him on your bench for now.

Personally I like Pittman. He is a strong powerfully runner. If TB can ever get going on offense I see some nice numbers for him.

If you must trade him away with Glenn then I would hope you could get some one like LT, A-train, etc...

if that doesn't work you might try a Garcia/Pittman or Lewis trade for a good back and a Couch/Griese like QB.

* I have been deciding on how to trade as well. Where you might be able to get more than you thought by posting on the message board, but if no one takes it; it will be that much harder to try and trade one or both.
I would go after one or 2 teams with players you like only when/if that fails I would post on the message board.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:29 pm

first of all dont drop your backup kicker like the chill said, you need him to cover vanderjagt's bye, I would just send offers to someone and see if they respond. All they can say is no, so it doesnt hurt to ask. i agree with kashiki's way of trying upgrade at rb. try that and see what happens. good luck.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kswiss » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:32 pm

I would like to drop the extra kicker, but I picked up Dawson to fill in for Vanderjagt this week. I was planning on keeping Van permanently, but if you think Dawson is strong enough to replace Van... I would also have to do this similar kicker shuffle when Dawson gets his bye in week 10. You think I should tank Van or package him up in a trade for a good back... He was 2nd in points for kickers last year. It does sound like a good idea if it improves the quality of back I get.
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JayM09 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:56 pm

try this. now you may not like it but drop a. davis and pick up portis, chances are that a. davis will still be there considering that there aren't many believers in him yet. Thats's the only way to go without trading and without losing vanderjagt. portis should have an impact in this game, assuming that he doesnt fumble. I would not stick with dawson either, i would keep vanderjagt.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bubba08 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:39 pm

Dude.... Dawson is the best kicker in the NFL behind Vinatierri (or however its spelled) waste Vandejagt(what's up with these names??) and pick up Portis. Keep Davis becasue someone is going to grab him if you let him go.
Bubba08

Friendliness: %

Postby kswiss » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:01 pm

I can't give up davis becuase he is starting this week.

My Recievers are Moulds, Glenn, and Davis.
Harrison and Gardner are on bye weeks.

If I make a trade using Vanderjagt, then that open's up a spot to get Portis. But if I make a trade using Glenn, then I still need to replace him with either: David patten, finneran, or pinkston.
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kswiss » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:09 pm

Ok, i have sent 2 trade requests one for Anthony Thomas and one for Deuce McAllister. Should I make a play for any of these backs... Alexander, Dillon, Davis, George, antowain smith, or Fred Taylor? I will definatly make a play for Faulk, WIllimas and holmes...
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk