Buy your gas tonight. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Buy your gas tonight.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buy your gas tonight.

Postby JohnnyTitan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:05 pm

CNN says the hurricane will most likely cause gas prices to spike tomorrow.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:17 pm

I am getting it first thing in the morning...I'm hoping it doesn't go up before 8 AM! :-o :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:18 am

Great! Its already freakin 3 bucks a gallon and they are calling for a spike! I'm soooooooooo sick of this s*%#!!!!
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:20 am

if I didn't have kids to drive around, I'd take the cash it takes to buy a tank of gas and get into a bus pass.

seriously...it's ridiculous.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 am

These oil companies are just looking for any reason to increase gas prices. No one said they would go up after the last hurrican hit FL, so why hitting the french quarter make a big difference. I know I know it'll probably hit part of TX but good grief cut us some slack.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:55 am

Redskins Win wrote:These oil companies are just looking for any reason to increase gas prices. No one said they would go up after the last hurrican hit FL, so why hitting the french quarter make a big difference. I know I know it'll probably hit part of TX but good grief cut us some slack.

Yeah, I thought I heard they had to shut some stuff down, but still I would like to think what we are paying now is more than enough right now. Ouch. Great time to play a trip to drive 2500 miles. :~(
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:14 am

Redskins Win wrote:These oil companies are just looking for any reason to increase gas prices. No one said they would go up after the last hurrican hit FL, so why hitting the french quarter make a big difference. I know I know it'll probably hit part of TX but good grief cut us some slack.

25% of the domestic oil produced by the US comes from oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.... Those platforms have been closed for days, and may be severely damaged and stay shutdown much longer.... Aside from that, 20% of the foreign oil that the US imports comes into the US through the Port of New Orleans....

And then we have to consider the fact that 25% of all the domestic oil refineries which turn crude oil into gasoline for US consumption are located on the gulf coast, as well....

The end result is a drastically reduced supply of both foreign and domestic oil, as well as a diminished capacity to turn the remaining oil supplies into gasoline.... Do not be surprised if gasoline hits $4.00 per gallon this week.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:17 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

25% of the domestic oil produced by the US comes from oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.... Those platforms have been closed for days, and may be severely damaged and stay shutdown much longer.... Aside from that, 20% of the foreign oil that the US imports comes into the US through the Port of New Orleans....

And then we have to consider the fact that 25% of all the domestic oil refineries which turn crude oil into gasoline for US consumption are located on the gulf coast, as well....

The end result is a drastically reduced supply of both foreign and domestic oil, as well as a diminished capacity to turn the remaining oil supplies into gasoline.... Do not be surprised if gasoline hits $4.00 per gallon this week.....

8-o 8-o
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:22 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

Thanks Plindsey
You should check with Exxon or Mobil to see if they have a Corportate communication or PR spot available ;-D
To me though, it's still just another reason for a gas hike. So do you anticipate a return to normal overpriced gas or will it remain above $3 just because they can?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:29 am

Redskins Win wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Thanks Plindsey
You should check with Exxon or Mobil to see if they have a Corportate communication or PR spot available ;-D
To me though, it's still just another reason for a gas hike. So do you anticipate a return to normal overpriced gas or will it remain above $3 just because they can?

Hard to say.... Depends on what kind of damage the platforms and refineries sustain.... Ivan caused major platform shutdowns for 3 months.... Katrina could be much worse.... We won't know until the storm clears and crews can survey the damage.... The major driving factor, though, will be what happens to the prices of the remaining barrells of oil... This morning prices spiked to over $70.00 per barrell.... So I guess we'll have to wait and see if that comes back down....

:-o

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk