Buy your gas tonight. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Buy your gas tonight.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:10 am

awwchrist wrote:if I didn't have kids to drive around, I'd take the cash it takes to buy a tank of gas and get into a bus pass.

seriously...it's ridiculous.

Check out what I wrote here Aww...it may be a bit different where you are, but it ain't so easy here.

Public Transportation
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:14 am

awwchrist wrote:if I didn't have kids to drive around, I'd take the cash it takes to buy a tank of gas and get into a bus pass.

seriously...it's ridiculous.

It's not a bad idea, but the price to ride buses are sky rocketing. Last year a 10-pack of bus tickets costed $5.50, not it's jumped up to $8.50 in just 3 months!
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:14 pm

Do you think the Boondock Saints would classify these oil companies as evil?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby TTTBone » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:53 pm

Flockers wrote:Do you think the Boondock Saints would classify these oil companies as evil?

You tell me.

Exxon Mobil Corp., the world's largest publicly traded oil company, reported a 32 percent increase in second-quarter profit as it reaped the benefits of soaring oil and natural gas prices.

Net income for the April-June quarter rose to $7.64 billion, or $1.20 per share, from $5.79 billion, or 88 cents per share, the year before. Excluding one-time items, earnings totaled $7.84 billion, or $1.23 per share, Exxon said yesterday.

Revenue totaled $88.57 billion, a gain of 25 percent from a year earlier.

The strong second quarter enabled Exxon Mobil to produce a record $15.5 billion in net income, or $2.42 per share, for the first six months. That 38 percent boost is up $4.2 billion, or $1.71 a share, from the first six months of 2004.

I'd say invest in big oil companies, because we're about to get raped some more.

BTW, the recently passed energy bill gave big oil companies $8 billion in tax breaks (like they need it). :-t
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby awwchrist » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:44 pm

TTTBone wrote:I'd say invest in big oil companies, because we're about to get raped some more.

I'd say go buy some petroleum jelly for the lube, but then we're STILL lining their pockets.

just can't win.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:48 pm

The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:15 am

Well, as I predicted a few days ago, the price of gas went up 10 cents yesterday. Also, yesterday I predicted another 10 cent increase on Friday.

Well, I was wayyyy off.

I just heard that gas is now $3.09 in Austintown, Ohio...probably about 20 miles west of me here in PA. It was $2.65 yesterday.

I cringe to even think about what they raised it to here in PA. 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:26 am

I talked to a guy who works at a gas station and he said tonight the price in PA will raise to eclipse the $3 mark. they told all the employees because they expected lots of complaints. either way I filled my tank up last night :-o
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:37 am

You guys should come to Canada. In Windsor, Ontario, near where I live, gas prices were $1.09.9 at one store and $1.05.6 at another at ten o'clock last night. And you guys can buy more of our money at 20 cents to the dollar I think. Just something to chew on if you guys who live in Michigan's Detroit, Ann Arbour area ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:04 am

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:You guys should come to Canada. In Windsor, Ontario, near where I live, gas prices were $1.09.9 at one store and $1.05.6 at another at ten o'clock last night. And you guys can buy more of our money at 20 cents to the dollar I think. Just something to chew on if you guys who live in Michigan's Detroit, Ann Arbour area ;-D

Umm...are you sure that isn't per liter? :-?

That would translate to approximately $4 a gallon. 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk