NFL Network? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NFL Network?

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Network?

Postby dave416 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:53 pm

My roomates and I decided to get digital cable for our dorm. I was surprised to see that we received NFL Network with this package. I wanted to ask if they broadcast games during the regular season. As of now they seem to be showing reruns of preseason games.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby kashikis » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:55 pm

As far as i know they wont play regular season games only recaps.

they did show a lot of exhibition games though, and some non-televised preseason ones too.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:37 pm

They will not show any regular or playoff games. Games are under exclusive licence with the big networks. But...

NFL network has a program they show all day during Sundays that will make you, a fantasy football addict, smile! Constant updates and news of all the games, and fantasy stats! It's fun to watch games on regular channels, while flipping to NFL network to catch scores from around the league and individual stats.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guru13 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:14 pm

what i have found, no i could be wrong here, but i beleive that i kinda only get the channel in the offseason, but as i said, i could be wrong.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:34 pm

hastur wrote:They will not show any regular or playoff games. Games are under exclusive licence with the big networks. But...

NFL network has a program they show all day during Sundays that will make you, a fantasy football addict, smile! Constant updates and news of all the games, and fantasy stats! It's fun to watch games on regular channels, while flipping to NFL network to catch scores from around the league and individual stats.

man, you dont know how many times i flip to that on a commercial and end up missing 10 minutes of the game i was watching becasue i'm waiting for stats.

too bad i dont have the computer in the same room as the big screen, and a laptop isnt in the budget right now, so i cant get instant updates
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:58 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
hastur wrote:They will not show any regular or playoff games. Games are under exclusive licence with the big networks. But...

man, you dont know how many times i flip to that on a commercial and end up missing 10 minutes of the game i was watching becasue i'm waiting for stats.

too bad i dont have the computer in the same room as the big screen, and a laptop isnt in the budget right now, so i cant get instant updates

HA HA!!! My roommate won't watch football with me anymore because I do the same thing! I freakin' love the NFL network. Those 30 minute recaps of the games are awesome, plus all the preseason stuff is cool too. You just have to resist the natural temptation to watch the scroll at the bottom of the screen so you don't catch scores and highlights before you get to see them. I'm considering getting a crappy TV just so I can spray paint the bottom of the screen!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:00 pm

I'm considering getting a crappy TV just so I can spray paint the bottom of the screen!

dude. I call shenanigans. If you indeed do that..I want pics. HAHA
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:03 pm

awwchrist wrote:
I'm considering getting a crappy TV just so I can spray paint the bottom of the screen!

dude. I call shenanigans. If you indeed do that..I want pics. HAHA

I actually do have a ground model console TV from when I was like 8 years old, no remote, huge light up knob, no way to hook up modern appliances like PS2...that would be perfect! Now I just have to figure out how I can rig the dish up to it and get pics with no digital camera.... :-?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to General Talk