Marc Boerigter, Andre Johnson, which one to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marc Boerigter, Andre Johnson, which one to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marc Boerigter, Andre Johnson, which one to keep?

Postby marmot101 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:42 pm

Have to drop one of them -- i don't have a kicker yet. Which one do you think better to keep?

My other WRs:
Eric Moulds/David Boston/Marty Booker/Quincy Morgan
marmot101
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:05 pm

Never trust a rookie. Keep Boerighter as he is heading for a productive season as KC top WR, IMO

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ondeckb » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:16 pm

I agree........Boerighter has looked swell this preseason and I think he's gonna bust out this year... ;-D
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby marmot101 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:45 am

Thanks. But my concern is --

Marc Boerigter is the Trent Green's favorite now, but he doesn't put himself away from Eddie Kennison and Johnnie Morton, not to mention Dante Hall, who is very likely to bust out one game or two. Plus, KC has this Holmes TD machine, and Gonzo. It is far from sure to claim any Chiefs WR will make any fantasy impact.

On the other hand, David Carr, don't laugh, he did top all on sack numbers last year, however, he was overall No 1, he has a better OL and I have some faith on this boy. Andre Johnson is the most talented guy he got. Look at last preseason game, they did click. Plus, their running game is just sub-par: Stacey Mack as starter!

Overall, I think Andre Johnson may provide me more potential than Marc Boerigter. And considering I just use them as backup, already got those 4 guys (Moulds/Boston/Booker/Morgan) before them. I need talent, not consistent number in backup position.

How do you guys think?
marmot101
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TyceBunn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:15 am

mack is nothing to laugh at. hes like 6ft..240lbs..a tank.he will break 1k rushing & get like 10 tds..the real question here is texans OL..what improvements have been made to help save carrs arse..i would think borigter will be more productive during the begining of the season & andre more towrds the middle/end..examine your byes & see where u think you would need either of them..marc.b will prob have 8-900 & 8-10 tds..AJ..who knows
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poobah » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:29 am

I'd keep Johnson. He's flying under the radar, but assuming Carr can stay in the pocket long enough to attempt 20 passes a game, Johnson will get his numbers. He and Billy Miller will probably snare 60 passes apiece.
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:25 pm

i kinda like AJ here, esp in a keeper. in a non keeper, i can see keeping boe over him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby twentysix » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:55 pm

I'd say Boe. David Boston is a walking injury waiting to happen, so you certainly may need to start one of these guys on a regular basis. For consistency, Boe's your guy, but I'm sure Johnson will have a couple huge games.
By the way, your point about having no running game and thus Johnson's the go-to guy is off, it would actually make Johnson's #'s worse because the D could sit back and play the pass if they didn't have to worry about the run.

I also have Boe in my league so I may be biased, but I wouldn't even entertain the idea of dropping him.
"November and more,
as I wait for the score,
They're telling me forgiveness
is the key to every door."
- 'Unbroken Chain', Grateful Dead
twentysix
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk