WR/RB from the same team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR/RB from the same team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR/RB from the same team?

Postby Beardown » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:08 pm

Is it a bad idea to have the two combo's of WR and RB I ended up with on my team. SanDiego and NYG's. There by weeks are different but still wondering if I should be dealing one or more to break it up a bit? Would Amani Toomer for Joe Horn be a resonable offer to put out to the owner of Horn?
10 Team Keeper league
QB-McNair/Maddox/Leftwich
WR-Boston/Toomer/Chad Johnson/Conway/Muhammed
RB-Tomlinson/Barber/Lewis/Adrian Peterson
TE-Pollard
K-Janikowski
Def.-Oakland
Beardown
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:16 pm

As a general rule I try not to play tandems for the simple reason that if they have a bad week you end up with 2 stops that give you nothing. Translation=you lose.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby PuntinFool » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:52 am

Agreed. Best to split things up. I have Horn and Stallworth and am worrying that given a bad game the receivers get zeroed.

In your case I think the Toomer/Horn trade would be fair, but to be safe definitely play up Horn's numbers of last season. He's also 31 so a return to his previous years of results is unlikely. Not that he might not, but I'm just trying to give you some fuel to counter any resistance from the other owner.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TyceBunn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:06 am

i really wouldnt worry about it too much..assuming you have boston,LT, barber, & toomer...offensivley giants may have a big year..they say kerry collins might break 4k..giants are supposed to be looking to spread the feild this year w/4-5 wide sets..including barber..no doubt he will have 2k all purpose..the only thing is the lt/boston...if lt gets shut down...boston will be the focus after that.. toomer & tiki ok..boston & lt becarefull...know your matchups....
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thechill » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:55 pm

I think there will be enough fantasy points for both LDT and Boston.

I would split up the Tiki/Toomer combo. Personally I would try and keep Tiki(very underrated)

for tiki I would look for S Davis, A Green, W Green

for Toomer I would look for horn, Robinson, Holt

all these players are ranked pretty close so it shouldn't be to hard to find a trade.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:05 pm

I like Tiki and I like Toomer. I wouldn't get rid of either. I don't think a RB and WR from the same team is totally bad. Some days your passing game will be on, some days it'll be your running game. I would be more concerned if you had Toomer and Hilliard on the same team. To give you an example, last year I had Holmes and Gonzalez on my team and finished second in the league. This year I have Barber and Shockey on my team and if I had to do it over again, I'd do the exact same thing.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:09 pm

I'd go fishing with Boston. There's bound to be 1 or 2 guys in your league who think he's better than he is. He had a great season in 2001, no doubt, but since then, he's put on about 40 pounds of muscle. I'm not so sure that's good at the WR spot... look at Keyshawn.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby The_Dude » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:04 pm

josebach wrote:I'd go fishing with Boston. There's bound to be 1 or 2 guys in your league who think he's better than he is. He had a great season in 2001, no doubt, but since then, he's put on about 40 pounds of muscle. I'm not so sure that's good at the WR spot... look at Keyshawn.

Agreed... Boston was the bane of my fantasy existence last year... he's got two strikes against him

1 - WRs usually take a year to learn a new offense and so when big name WR get traded, they end up as big busts... remember Andre "Bad Moon" Rison? I can name countless others

2 - he was awful last year. Granted Plummer threw the ball to other team more than to Boston

The upside is that he is gigantic... so as long as a QB throws the ball in his general vicinity, he'll catch it...

But I've seen him ranked in the top 10 on a lot of lists... his stock is at its peak market value... SELL SELL SELL

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:43 pm

I've got Harrison and Edge on my keeper league team. I'd rather not have a WR/RB tandem, but I'm not going to make a trade just to break it up.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk