Larry Johnson
Barlow
Zereoue
Buckhalter
Antoine Smith

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Goose » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:06 pm

What type of scoring system does your league use? Is it a keeper league? Both q. are relevant to the answer.

Most likely answer: Drop L. Johnson and probably Buckhalter. I know Buck is "the starter" and has gotten hype, but he is coming off a serious injury and ultimately will be platooning with Staley. Anyway who does not believe that is not objectively analyzing the facts--Staley will be the Eagles 3rd down back barring a trade (which appears unlikely at this time).
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:09 pm

One point/20 yds rushing/receiving. Six/TD rushing or receiving. Thx

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:10 pm

Also..Not a keeper league.

Postby Goose » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:24 pm

Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

I still would drop Johnson. Of the backs you list, he is the only one who clearly is not slated to play barring injury. LJ has upside for keeper leagues, but your situation requires that he be dropped.

I would still lean toward Buckhalter as your 2d drop. Many may disagree, likely targeting A. Smith because he is an unexciting player or Barlow because at present it is unclear that he is the "starter" whereas Buckhalter presently is the "starter." My reasoning for sticking with Buckhalter is, in part, contained in the earlier post. Add to it that the Eagles RBs do not do a lot of punch-it-in scoring as compared to other teams because of the McNabb factor.

I think A. Smith will get his share of goal line love to make him worth keeping, if for nothing more as trade bait. Barlow probably will be starting in SF before year end and assuming Garcia's back holds up will be quite valuable (top 10 RB) as an everyday starter in that offense. A.Z. is a little brittle himself and likely to lose goal line love to Bettis, so you may want to give him a hard look.

The best advice I can give is to try to work a trade with someone. Pick Johnson and one of the other RBs and see if you can pull off a 2 for 1 trade and pick up a decent WR, solid back-up QB, etc.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby The Guru » Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:21 am

1 - Drop LJ

2 - Drop Smith
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant