The Future is Vince Young - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The Future is Vince Young

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Future is Vince Young

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:33 am

I had to share this. IMO, If he arm catches up.... he could change the game as we know it.

http://badblocks.biz/~jcdenton/VinceYoung(Twisted3434).wmv

How do get this wmv to link up and work? That video is amazing.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Young

Postby Wolfpig » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:38 am

The link did not work, but I think I can guess what the subject matter was. In my opinion Vince Young is a poor man's version of Mike Vick, and we all know what that means fantasy-wise...not much. He's a great NCAA talent, but I don't believe he'll ever be a top-shelf NFL QB. Just an opinion.

Pig
Wolfpig
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NFLknowitall » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:42 am

Well, I think if someone entered the address or went to that site then they could find it. It is worth the trouble. Young is not a poor man's anything IMO.... The problem with Vick and Young is that NFL teams will try and make them a pocket passer and that is not what they are. They should use their mobility and if they get hurt then so be it. But what is the point of having someone so mobile if you don't set up plays to use their talent? Respect Pig, smell ya later.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:50 am

The link itself doesn't work, but if you copy and paste the whole thing it does. The code for the forum does not like the parentheses around the part at the end and cuts off the URL too early. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Young

Postby Wolfpig » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:52 am

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think that what you suggest reflects the reality of the NFL. I think that the reason players like Vince Young, Mike Vick, Scott Frost or other running QBs succeed in the NCAA so wildly is because they are usually the fastest player on the field. Once they get to the NFL, they find that not to be the case at all. Your average LB in the NFL clocks in at around 4.5 or so, plenty fast enough to at least keep up with some of the fastest running QBs in the league.

On top of that, QBs that run are highly succeptible to injuries. Every player on the defensive side of the ball is an effective tackler, much different from the NCAA.

Put it to you this way. In the NCAA there are about 7200 Div-1 players. Of that group, a little more than 200 will be drafted, and a little less than 200 will actually make an NFL roster. So spread that out over the entire NCAA and you are talking about an average of approximately 1-2 NFL-caliber players per NCAA team. That explains the success of running QBs in the NCAA. In today's NFL, you truly can't design an offense with a running QB. That's why you don't see teams running a Wishbone or anything like that. Plain and simple - defenses are too fast.

Anyway all this is not a slight on Vince Young. I think he's going to have an incredible season and should be a treat to watch. I just don't think he's going to be a great NFL QB.

Pig
Wolfpig
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:41 pm

Just based on last years passing ability Vince Young would be better served as a WR in the NFL. He's still got a few years to improve his passing game and I think he'll be a nice NFL QB although not as good as Vick. He's a great college player though....
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:18 am

Vince Young = NO Chance as an NFL QB
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby littletank » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:31 pm

The guy can barely hit the broadside of a barn.

Perhaps Texas isn't coaching him to throw correctly which is a definate possiblity since there coaching is horrid.

I am sure if he has a good year he will be drafted.
littletank
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Vince Young

Postby Slewbetcha » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:50 pm

He can't even beat Oklahoma..Over rated.
Slewbetcha
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby confused_jake » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:27 am

He's had one good game during his career and that is the Rose Bowl against a horrible Michigan defense. Wolfpig explained everything in his most recent post.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to College Football