Peterson Vs Thomas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Peterson Vs Thomas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Peterson Vs Thomas

Postby stl2003 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:18 am

I heard before tonights game, that they were both auditioning for the job. Did anyone see the game, or here anything regarding this after the game?
INSOMNIA......nuff said
stl2003
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:30 am

Thomas should be the opening day starter, and it will be his job to lose. I don't see the Bears having alot of success, so Peterson probably will get a shot before too long. I've read at one point Peterson had 30+ 100 yard rushing games, so he has a little consistency going for him.

I honestly think Thomas is too slow to be the Bears RB. He isn't going to be a guy you must stop first and succeed, which is what the game plan for the Bears will be with Krydell as the QB. A-Train would be better served on a team that had a passing threat. If you stack the line against A-Train, he is going nowhere.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cliff Harris » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:19 am

I thought A-Train ran the ball well in the Bears final preseason game against a solid NE defense.

In my opinion, the Bears were probably hoping Thomas would work his tail off because of all the hype surrounding Peterson. I think it worked, and now we'll see a version more like his rookie season more so than his 2nd. The Bears also have one of the softer schedules in the league, so that should make Thomas a decent fill-in during bye weeks.

Also, Paul Edinger is emerging as one heck of a kicker. He'd make a great #2 and possibly could be worth starting.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk