KC RBBC new situation. QA w/Vermeil - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

KC RBBC new situation. QA w/Vermeil

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:25 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Currently I have Priest getting slightly more than a 60% share of the carries and LJ slightly less than 40% share of the carries.

Vermeil doesn't have it figured out but you do?

Wonderful.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:00 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Currently I have Priest getting slightly more than a 60% share of the carries and LJ slightly less than 40% share of the carries.

Vermeil doesn't have it figured out but you do?

Wonderful.

Well, it is a little easier than the Willie Parker, Vernon Haynes issue in the Steel City :-b

It's not even that Priest will only get 70% of the carries, but that he will probably get 99% of the redzone carries. And a fresher Priest will be even more money in the redzone, if that's possible.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ljthockey » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:30 pm

Yeah I also saw that Vermiel plans to go 70 - 30 or 60 - 40. But like said before 70% or 60% of a healthy Priest Holmes is still a very dangerous fantasy threat. Also I think mentioned before LJ might get alot of carries but its going to be the goaline carries that are going to warrant most of the fantasy value here. Even though LJ has a good nose for the endzone as well Priest should be getting all the carries inside the 20.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:48 pm

ljthockey wrote:Yeah I also saw that Vermiel plans to go 70 - 30 or 60 - 40. But like said before 70% or 60% of a healthy Priest Holmes is still a very dangerous fantasy threat. Also I think mentioned before LJ might get alot of carries but its going to be the goaline carries that are going to warrant most of the fantasy value here. Even though LJ has a good nose for the endzone as well Priest should be getting all the carries inside the 20.

If you play in a league with a flex spot (my league has two) and you own Priest and LJ with a 60-40 split, you can probably start both of them and still get great production. The KC running game is so good that 40% of LJ is probably equal to a #20-25 running back like Dunn or someone of that sort.

I think that if you own both of them you will be fine. I don't believe it will be quite as drastic as a 60-40 split anyway, but it's not the end of the world even if it was. Both of them are going to put up some great numbers even if the percentage is that.

The KC running game is so good that you can probably get away with starting two of their running backs because in most weeks, their production totaled together would be greater than just a normal number 1 running back.

Am I way off base here or does this make sense? Thoughts?
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:59 pm

i was thinking the same thing. That would actually really help me in my upcoming draft. That way i dont have to worry about getting a solid third rb and can pick up another wr which i need badly since we start 3.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:14 pm

I don't see this as a bad thing at all for Priest owners. A more rested Priest could possibly lead him to remaining healthy for the entire season.

I wouldn't be particularly worried about any carry splits, remember that game last yr against Atlanta where Priest played the first half, got 4 TDs, then Blaylock (i think) played the second half and also got 4 TDs? That was against one of the top run defenses in the league.

Hey, if ya got Priest and LJ, a 60-40 split may mean you could start them both! Now that would be something.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:44 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on my idea about starting both Priest and LJ together? Is that a smart solution to the possible RBBC problem or is it a dumb idea?
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:07 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on my idea about starting both Priest and LJ together? Is that a smart solution to the possible RBBC problem or is it a dumb idea?

I was kinda joking about it. But hey, if you got no other solution and you think KC will platoon their RBs in a given week, it might be your only option. Could pay off, prob won't though.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Heimholder » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:53 am

Anyone have any thoughts on my idea about starting both Priest and LJ together? Is that a smart solution to the possible RBBC problem or is it a dumb idea?

I remember a few years back, when the Rams were playing a crappy defense, this was definitely a possibility using Faulk and Trung Canidate. Faulk = 100 yd 2 TD in the first half, Canidate = 140 yd 1 TD in the second.

Maybe not a terrible idea for a bye week filler if your #3 RB really blows, but I wouldn't count on that week in week out. You pick the wrong game when KC goes down early and you're screwed...

- Coach Holder
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby AT » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:06 am

Priest is still Vermeil's go to guy around the goalline and in tough situations. This makes me think that he'll do a better job of giving Priest a blow in the middle of games which probably helps Priest's value believe it or not by keeping him healthier and fresher for the TD opps.
I'm slowly converting over from Baseball...Very Slowly...
AT
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk