KC RBBC new situation. QA w/Vermeil - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

KC RBBC new situation. QA w/Vermeil

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:17 pm

I agree. That is the theme of my post (although obscured by so much text). Basically, Priest should be a #1 overall pick in all drafts if it weren't for the injury wildcard. His age and injury status knocks him down behind LT and Alexander, but no further.

If someone drafts Priest 1st overall, they should feel good, but look to insure.

If someone drafts LJ and thinks they have a starting RB spot filled on their roster, they should feel stupid.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:13 pm

I'd rather avoid this situation
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:16 pm

If you could draft Priest 3rd pick overall and get LJ 11th round would everyone agree that he'd probably be the best pick in the draft?
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:20 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:If you could draft Priest 3rd pick overall and get LJ 11th round would everyone agree that he'd probably be the best pick in the draft?

No way LJ is on the board in round 11....he's not making it past round 5 at the latest.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:23 pm

Members Only Jackets wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:If you could draft Priest 3rd pick overall and get LJ 11th round would everyone agree that he'd probably be the best pick in the draft?

No way LJ is on the board in round 11....he's not making it past round 5 at the latest.

Well I traded my 11th round pick for him so it basically was like I spent an 11th rounder on him.

I see everyone saying they want to stay away from the situation and it worries me. I don't know whether they don't want any part of Priest, or they just don't want to pay a high price for LJ. I got LJ really really late, so the whole "wasted 5th rounder on a backup RB" thing doesn't apply to me.
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:26 pm

you did Great! Getting LJ for 11thg round value is awesome.

But when it comes down to it, starting Holmes at RB will mean LJ cutting in on some actions, which brings down Holmes' value....and vice versa. I would hope that one gets hurt and you'd get all the carries w/ one back.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:33 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I don't know whether they don't want any part of Priest, or they just don't want to pay a high price for LJ.

93% high price for LJ
7% worry about splitting time each game

what it comes down to is, if you draft priest, you're spending at lowest, the fifth overall pick on him. to do that, and then further spend a 5th rounder where you can still get blue chip players (assuming someone doesn't snake in front of you and snag LJ first), just is uncomfortable. you really have to question if priest/lj is better than say, edge/burleson.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:36 pm

Matthias wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I don't know whether they don't want any part of Priest, or they just don't want to pay a high price for LJ.

93% high price for LJ
7% worry about splitting time each game

what it comes down to is, if you draft priest, you're spending at lowest, the fifth overall pick on him. to do that, and then further spend a 5th rounder where you can still get blue chip players (assuming someone doesn't snake in front of you and snag LJ first), just is uncomfortable. you really have to question if priest/lj is better than say, edge/burleson.

But if you could get LJ like 11th round...would there be much concern at all about taking this situation? My initial thought would be that alot more people would jump that the opportunity to get the 2nd or 3rd pick so that they could get Priest. No?
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DragonReborn » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:21 pm

So if you draft Priest, where is the highest you would take LJ? I'm thinking 5th round. I dont think he would get past the 6th in ours because of Keeper rules.
I'm a cherry ghost
DragonReborn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk