Favre's Mississippi childhood home destroyed in hurricane. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favre's Mississippi childhood home destroyed in hurricane.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre's Mississippi childhood home destroyed in hurricane.

Postby devius » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:22 pm

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Mississippi family home of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre was flooded by Hurricane Katrina within a matter of minutes and his mother and grandfather rode out the storm in the attic, the team said Tuesday. Favre spent most of the last two days nervously waiting to hear from family members in his hometown of Kiln, Miss., in the heart of the Gulf Coast area devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

can this guy go through any more tragedies in this life?!?
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:23 pm

What I want to know is...why the heck were they still in the area? I would think they had enough money to get out of there before the storm hit... :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby devius » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:29 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:What I want to know is...why the heck were they still in the area? I would think they had enough money to get out of there before the storm hit... :-?

that was what i was thinking...i mean if the whole saints team can get out id think the family of a future hall of famer could do the same.
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:47 pm

First off, I feel bad for him and his family but I hate the publicity that he gets. Especially with a tragedy like this. How about the hundreds that were killed? How about the thousands missing? How bout the billons of dollars of damage to everyone and everything?

I'm sorry but a story about Favre's parents riding it out in the attic should not make the news
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:08 pm

J2thez929 wrote:First off, I feel bad for him and his family but I hate the publicity that he gets. Especially with a tragedy like this. How about the hundreds that were killed? How about the thousands missing? How bout the billons of dollars of damage to everyone and everything?

I'm sorry but a story about Favre's parents riding it out in the attic should not make the news

Could not have said it better myself. 100% agreed.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:11 pm

I agree, there are other things more news worthy, but you have to consider it's coming from a local paper in GB. It's not as if it's making waves on ESPN.

It's pretty trivial either way you look at it, but I can see where it would be interesting to the people in GB. People like to know about their icons.

If anything, the Brangelina coverage needs to stop.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby aussieboy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:41 pm

J2thez929 wrote:First off, I feel bad for him and his family but I hate the publicity that he gets. Especially with a tragedy like this. How about the hundreds that were killed? How about the thousands missing? How bout the billons of dollars of damage to everyone and everything?

My thoughts exactly.

Sure it sucks to have your family home destoyed. I'm sorry but a guy that earns millions of dollars a year is not gonna get my sympathy vote over ordinary people that have lost loved ones and everything they own.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:44 pm

Yoy guys have to realize that he is a celeb. and they are always top news...I hate it but it's true. When Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston broke up, it was a story in the vening news! I mean they are people getting Murderd like every week in Minneapolis...Our media is just plain out of whack.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:09 pm

Its a shame, but I do agree with you guys saying its not worthy of special attention.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:25 pm

Sucks for him...

I've got much more sympathy for the people who have lost everything they own and everything they've ever worked for in this storm. Some people have lost everything, and hundreds, possibly thousands, their lives. I don't feel too bad for a guy who's still got millions while sitting up in Green Bay.

Yeah, this has been said already, but I needed to get that off my chest. I really don't like Favre, it's not like he's the only one who's lost anything in this storm.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk