Favre's Mississippi childhood home destroyed in hurricane. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favre's Mississippi childhood home destroyed in hurricane.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:45 pm

Suck even more for Detroit. They play Green Bay Week 1, and we all know how Favre plays after tragedies.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:55 am

VHawk15 wrote:Suck even more for Detroit. They play Green Bay Week 1, and we all know how Favre plays after tragedies.

Damn - you beat me to it!

I was just about to say that he just became the automatic number 1 starter over any and all QBs week 1 because of this...

LOL
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:50 pm

Actually it was all over CNN and Cold Pizza. The reason they stayed was because when Bonita Favre was 7-months pregnant with Brett, a hurricane hit, and they stayed. So, he said that played a big role into them staying again this time. I guess at Favre's house there are like 50 people there are they don't have any food, his like cousin or something is 8-months pregnant and they're afraid she's going to have the baby in the house. He wants to go down there, but at this point there really isn't a way.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:31 pm

Ironhorse75 wrote:I agree, there are other things more news worthy, but you have to consider it's coming from a local paper in GB. It's not as if it's making waves on ESPN.

It's pretty trivial either way you look at it, but I can see where it would be interesting to the people in GB. People like to know about their icons.

If anything, the Brangelina coverage needs to stop.

Not making waves on ESPN? That's all they've been talking about. He just held a press conference on ESPN News where he was talking about it. He was urging everyone to send whatever they could and things like that. He did make alot of references to his family, but anyone would. He's no different than anyone else would be in that situation. He's worried about his family. He doesn't deserve more attention than all the others do but it's not his fault.

At least he's taking advantage of his popularity to try to get people to give whatever they can.

And I agree...bad news for Detroit, and me because I'm playing him week 1!! :-o
QB- M. Vick
WR- J. Jones, M. Colston
RB- R. Rice, J. Charles
TE- A. Hernandez
FLEX- D. McFadden, F. Jackson
K- G. Zuerlein
DEF- Miami

B- T. Romo, J. Kerley, K. Hunter, V. Ballard, D. Thomas, B. Myers, S. Suisham
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Voltaire » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:21 pm

Daggone you guys are rough. Yeah it's pretty boneheaded to not evacuate but people down there are use to overhyped hurricane warnings. They survived the last major one 30 years ago fine enough. They got copmplacent and finally got a real nightmare one that they couldn't handle.

As for Favre. He's a celebrity, everybody knows him. People are naturaly gonna wonder how his family handled the situation because many people care about everything Favre. If you're in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Your dear beloved Brett Favre may be the only link you have to the hurricane.

Such hostility- geez.
Voltaire
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to General Talk