Tiki the Coach!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tiki the Coach!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tiki the Coach!?

Postby Tiki » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:01 pm

I am coaching a 6/7th grade soccer team at my old school. And I was wondering if anyone knows of some good agility, speed, ya know running drills. I googled it and found a few, but I trust your guys words better than other sites. Thanks! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dirt Bag » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:28 am

make em run crushers, aka. suicides, aka. a bunch of other stuff.

you run ten yards then run back, then run 20 then back then 30 then back and farther if you like, god i hate these things
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:35 am

set up some cones about 3-4 feet apart and have them dribble/weave through them make the course about 10 yards
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:44 pm

Redskins Win wrote:set up some cones about 3-4 feet apart and have them dribble/weave through them make the course about 10 yards

Once you are done with the cones for that drill set them up like 25 feet apart, set it up like rectangle, and make them run from one side to the other like 12 times in under 1 minute, we do that, except its 16, and it's more like 30 feet. Oh yeah, they're called Lakers. They are a lot like Line-grabbers, but these will make you quicker. There's a difference between fast and quick.

Dirt Bag wrote:make em run crushers, aka. suicides, aka. a bunch of other stuff.

you run ten yards then run back, then run 20 then back then 30 then back and farther if you like, god i hate these things

Line-grabbers.
Last edited by PackerAttack84 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:46 pm

What's sah-ker?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby giantdogs92 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:42 am

tell them all to line up and get into a 3 point stance... then go behind them get in your car and chase them around for an hour or two ;-D
giantdogs92
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Atog » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:04 am

I've done a bit of soccer in my day, so I can help out if you need any soccer-y advice. There was this awesome drill that my team used to do, but it's ridiculously complicated and I really don't think that I could effectively communicate it over the internet.

Other than that, try Indian runs for conditioning (they line up single-file and jog on a course, and when you blow your whistle the guy at the back of the line sprints to the front.)
I'll try and think of more.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:57 am

Make them run from store to store at the mall and make them run their errands. Then tie all the merchandise to their foot and have them run a mile. It works like a charm!! Or put a picture of a hot girl on the back of your car and drive away, having them chase it. :-b
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:25 pm

Well MTR they are only in 6th/7th grade! Girlies are there mind, but I dunno if it's enough to chase them! Thanks for the help guys. ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:41 am

go to goggle and type in youth football. lots of good stuff. I coach flag football. Saved links for that but there is a crapload of stuff for tackle. also go to ezboard( use search engine) there are several boards there that you can talk to other youth coaches to get advice and help.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to General Talk