Tiki the Coach!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tiki the Coach!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:49 am

giantdogs92 wrote:tell them all to line up and get into a 3 point stance... then go behind them get in your car and chase them around for an hour or two ;-D

AKA the Lawerence Phillips.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2theIzzo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:05 am

Go up and down on your tippy toes 100 times before practice and 100 times after. Trust me it works. Builds the calf muscles.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:41 pm

i played soccer for my younger years, of course i cant remember drills. Football we do karaoke steps, running forward and backwards works but make sure they know not to run backwards in a game. We also put down tape(ropes work), in a latter-like pattern, and have them go down it from the side stepping in and our of the sqaures as fast as possible. ill think of more hopefully
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:14 am

Tiki - for 6th-7th graders, I would suggest not spending a whole lot of time on conditioning. Have them do a couple laps around the field and some common stretching excersizes at the beginning of practice, then a warmdown lap and more stretches after practice - that would be about it as far as trying to build undurnce or speed at that age. I would highly recommend teaching them soccer fundamentals at that age instead of making it more of a workout regiment.

I have played soccer for many years and have coached at a few different levels as well. 6th-7th graders need dribbling and passing practice more than they need to increase their speed or endurance for the most part.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:29 am

That's what my Dad told me as well Cornbread. I was just gunna use a few drills. Like using Atog's drill but have them dribble the ball as well as run. Mainly though I am gonna teach them to always put a little hop into the ball when you kick, keep your head up, soft touches, and more touches. And passing and crossing the ball is key. Also, I was thinking of doing the drill where you set-up a square and you have them shuffle (like they use in basketball) cause that will help them on def. Thanks for the drills though guys! Maybe if they piss me off I'll use one! }:-)
Also, does anyone remember the rules for World Cup? I dunno if any of guys even played it, but I always enjoyed when I played soccer. I just can't remmeber all of the rules! I think it's pretty basic too! :*)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:58 am

Don't forget to show them some drills to do at home as well.
Good luck ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:08 pm

Tiki wrote:Also, does anyone remember the rules for World Cup? I dunno if any of guys even played it, but I always enjoyed when I played soccer. I just can't remmeber all of the rules! I think it's pretty basic too! :*)

World Cup? Im sure there are all sorts of different versions of it, but the game I know is basic:

1 goalie.
Everyone else is on their own - no teams. The penalty box is the field. The goalie starts the game by throwing out the ball (he should try to keep it in the penalty box).
If you score you sit out for the rest of the rd - the last person to touch the ball before it crosses the goalline gets the credit regardless of if it was an accidental deflection or not. The game continues until there is one (or 2 to 5 depending on how fast you want to whittle down the field) player remaining who hasent scored. This last person standing is officially out of the game. After the person or people are eliminiated because they didnt score, then everyone that did score goes back into the penalty box and starts rd 2. This process is repeated until you have a winner.

Its a very fun game but you need to remember it doesnt help much in terms of actual fundamental training since there is no passing. Also - the game can go on for a good while - 20-30 minutes or more depending on the # of kids, so you need to have an excersize for the children who are out early to do so they arent just sitting on the sideline for the rest of the game (if you have a wall that they are to kick the ball against, this is a fine time to send them there).
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk