Josh Reed or Bobby Shaw? Need some info. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Josh Reed or Bobby Shaw? Need some info.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Josh Reed or Bobby Shaw? Need some info.

Postby mscowboys » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:28 am

I currently have Josh Reed and John Clayton has named a one of the 32 difference makers.

When I read the info on Reed it says he has to come through for them, it also says that the Bills like Shaw's route running better than Reed and Shaw may become the #2 WR moving Reed to becoming the #3 Slot WR.

Thanks.
http://msn.espn.go.com/swf/nfl/players/index.html
There something special about that blue star on that helmet.
mscowboys
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TyceBunn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:38 am

if you have josh reed..dont start him just yet..wait & see how things go
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:50 am

This is a very interesting and very important subject to fantasy players. The #2 slot in BUF will probably post big numbers. Since the preseason started, Josh Reed has been getting the most attention, but this past week we have learned that actually Bobby Shaw might be the man. How important is this? If I had to guess, I would say right now Reed is owned in 99% of most leagues where as Shaw is probably available in just as many.

What I have been reading recently is that its Shaw who now has the upper hand, and for all those people holding on to Reed, its time to pay real close attention to this situation.

Does anyone have any insight into this WR battle?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:16 pm

the bills killed themselves when they let peerless go.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Guru » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:28 pm

rochesterdandc.com

By Leo Roth
STAFF WRITER

(August 25, 2003) — ORCHARD PARK — Free agent Bobby Shaw may have leapfrogged second-year man Josh Reed to earn the Buffalo Bills starting wide receiver job alongside Pro Bowler Eric Moulds.

In Saturday’s 28-24 victory over the St. Louis Rams, Reed finally caught his first passes of the preseason from quarterback Drew Bledsoe, three for 44 yards, including a pretty 29-yarder over-the-middle to set up a field goal try.

But Shaw was more impressive, catching four passes for 43 yards and an 8-yard touchdown. A 23-yard reception to convert a third-and-long play set up another Bills’ score.

“ He’s a very smart receiver in the slot,” Bledsoe said of Shaw, who played for Bills offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride in Jacksonville. “ He does a great job with his moves at the top of his routes and gets himself separation. He has a lot of experience in this offense, so he really understands where we need him to be.”

My view:
This article is a from earlier in the week. Watch the Bills last preseason game and see which ever WR has a better game will probably be the starter.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk