Rod Smith, Chad Johnson or Mason? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rod Smith, Chad Johnson or Mason?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:25 pm

See Avatar
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rodge » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:47 am

Definitely do not go with Rod Smith. Either go with Mason or Chad Johnson. Personally, I'd go with Mason. The Titans are going to be a pass oriented team this year because of the declining Eddied George. Steve McNair should put up some big numbers this year and Mason is the #1 receiver on the team. I think that Chad Johnson is sort of unproven, so I'd go with Mason.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:20 am

Mason is more of a lock than Chad Johnson imo.

Johnson's upside is only slightly higher than Mason as well.

I think too many owners are buying CJ and if he doesnt pan out a LOT of you guys will be crying.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:23 pm

awwchrist wrote:Mason is more of a lock than Chad Johnson imo.

Johnson's upside is only slightly higher than Mason as well.

I think too many owners are buying CJ and if he doesnt pan out a LOT of you guys will be crying.

Do you buy into Koren Robinson? I'm not assuming that you are or anything, but their situations and reasoning for their projections are quite similar.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beerman » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:53 pm

i go with rod smith denver has a easy schedule and portis will help open the passing game. the titans always run the ball and any player from cinn is risky.
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:05 pm

I like Robinson's potential more than Chad's considering the differences in Offense between the Bengals and Seahawks. I just assume there's a bigger passing game in Seattle than Cincy...but there are plenty of names I'd rather have...proven names...that I'll draft first before taking the risk on Koren.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:18 pm

awwchrist wrote:I like Robinson's potential more than Chad's considering the differences in Offense between the Bengals and Seahawks. I just assume there's a bigger passing game in Seattle than Cincy...but there are plenty of names I'd rather have...proven names...that I'll draft first before taking the risk on Koren.

I actually agree there (having Koren slightly ranked higher on my rankings), but they are very similar interms of their apparent upside, with both of them really turning it on at the end of last year's season. I like taking risks on players like that (but not injury risks) who have potential to break out. I actually have KRob on one team and CJ on the other. Though I'm not in total agreement about it, I hear many say that DJAxson will take too many balls from Koren. I tend to think that they will both keep double teams off one another and both enjoy success. But, don't count out Cincy's offense. They showed considerable fire power last year after Kitna won the starting gig. Not only were Johnson's numbers impressive, but Kitna threw for over 3,000 yards and didn't even have the starting job until later on in the season.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheGZA » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:04 pm

everyone is down on smith this year, but he has looked pretty sharp in preseason, running crisp routes and showing good bursts of speed. don't let him slip past a 2nd receiver draft pick, he will be well worth it this year, coming off another 1,000 yard season.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk