Mini Vans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Mini Vans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mini Vans

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:30 pm

Anyone have one? Would like to get some feedback on them as far as handling, comfort, and most important gas mileage. I have made up my mind with the gas prices going so high im selling my Grand Cherokee which gets about 13 miles to the gallon. I cant take filling this gas guzzler up anymore. My father in law works for Chrysler so i would more than likely get a Chrysler product due to the discount. Just wanted some overall feedback, im NOT dropping 70.00 in gas for the week anymore!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:55 pm

Well, the person I work with who drives 100 miles a day total to work has a Grand Caravan...I guess that's not really a minivan, though. It has 4 wheel drive and stuff though, so I'm sure it drives nice. But, I doubt it gets great mileage. She fills up every other day a half a tank. So, that means it goes 200 miles and I think it has a 30 gallon tank. That's only like 13 miles per gallon... :-/

That's why she's looking for another job soon.

My dad's old regular Caravan got nearly 20 I think, though. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:01 pm

You're trading in a Cherokee for a minivan? Ug.

Gas prices will eventually go down but you may never get your cool back. B-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:06 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:You're trading in a Cherokee for a minivan? Ug.

LOL......im married with 3 kids i lost my cool years ago :,-(
We still have a Jeep Liberty which will soon be replaced by a Wrangler when the Grand CHerokee is gone.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:12 pm

LOL! True true. If you are sticking with Chrysler products, then a PT Cruiser would probably be your best bet in terms of size, room, and gas milage(even though I think they are ugly as sin)

If you venture away from Chrysler then a Honda CRV might be a wise choice. You would be getting a smaller sized vehicle that acts as an SUV without the poor gas milage. Plus, Honda vehicles retain their value really well.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:46 pm

mutantseabass wrote:LOL......im married with 3 kids i lost my cool years ago :,-(
We still have a Jeep Liberty which will soon be replaced by a Wrangler when the Grand CHerokee is gone.

Nah, you didn't lose it, you just shelved it. ;-)

Still got a Jeep in the family so all is well.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:04 pm

J2thez929 wrote:

LOL! True true. If you are sticking with Chrysler products, then a PT Cruiser would probably be your best bet in terms of size, room, and gas milage(even though I think they are ugly as sin)

If you venture away from Chrysler then a Honda CRV might be a wise choice. You would be getting a smaller sized vehicle that acts as an SUV without the poor gas milage. Plus, Honda vehicles retain their value really well.
Considering the fact that he's in a family of five, I'm not sure if an SUV would be right unless it has a third row of seats.

With that said, Town and Coutries/Caravans are good deals these days when it comes to minivans. They're a ton cheaper than the Hondas and Toyotas and you aren't sacrificing a whole lot besides the name. You won't get more than 20 mpg in the city, but I don't think you will with any minivan. The Oddysey, Town and Country, and Sienna are all rated at 19 mpg in the city, so I don't think that would really play a factor in it.

As far as ride, having ridden in multiple Crysler/Dodge minivans in my day, the ride's pretty nice. To be honest with ya, the Kia Sedona has a smoother ride imho, but also gets a little less gas milage and you can't get the discount on one. They are a little cheaper to begin with though; although I think you've got your mind set on a Crysler product. I'll tell you one thing about the Cryslers that I have experience with; once they get over 100,000 miles, you can count on tons of expenses. The last one myt family bought was used and had around 75000 on it and we've ended up putting as much into it in the past 4 years than we paid for it.

I don't know how much that helps, but it's some thoughts on the situation. And before anybody asks, yes...I'm 15; I don't actually drive the minivans, but being in a family of 6, I've ridden in plenty of them, and have driven a couple ocasionally. Pimpin in the minivan, ain't no shame in that MSB :-b B-)
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Homeless » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:40 pm

My wife has a Sienna minivan and her friend has a Dodge Caravan.

Heres what I know to be true...

You wont save much on gas by getting a minivan. The Toyota and Honda hold their money extremely well and require a lot less upkeep.

If youre going to buy cheap, get a kia, lot cheaper than most if not all the other minivans. If you want to get a decent return when you sell your minivan, get a toyota or honda.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby A2theIzzo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:48 pm

In my opinion, the Honda Oddysey (Sp) is the best Mini-Van out there in terms of Interior Looks and Features.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:26 pm

Homeless wrote:If youre going to buy cheap, get a kia, lot cheaper than most if not all the other minivans. If you want to get a decent return when you sell your minivan, get a toyota or honda.
Agreed, and Kias also come with a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. They are very nice inside as well, very comfortable and plush. You should know that they are slightly shorter though, at least they were in years past; which comes out to slightly less luggage room behind the back seats.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk